RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

I am hoping someone can help me!

Old 09-19-2004, 02:19 PM

HPA3 download incomplete

I have a more basic problem. When I downloaded the HPA3 from Adobe site, I did not have the advanced .rtf readme file nor the Layer Effects. I located the files in Adobe/photoshop Elements (except the advanced rtf filewhich I could not find at all.) but they did not show up in Welcome or How to.
Should I uninstall and try again? How do I uninstall if that's what I should do?
Any help appreciated,
Olive
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2004, 02:35 PM

the advanced.rtf file is installed with the enhancements. It is not accessible through elements. You have to open it using a text browser or MS word. Search your c drive for it...it will show up in the Photoshop Elements2 folder.

OK?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2004, 09:50 PM

Red face Advanced .RTF

Found it! Thanks. I haven't found the Layer Effects yet. I originally thought I found them in Adobe Photoshop Elements folder, but when I went into the properies, I see that these were the original Effects loaded with the software and not the upgrade.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2004, 06:27 AM

To get the Layer Effects, click on Set 1 on the Welcome palette. You'll see the Effects listed there. To get the Welcome palette, choose Welcome from the Windows menu.

OK?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2004, 08:52 PM

Red face Layer Effects

Thank you, thank you. There are the Effects. In Set 1. My question is why isn't there
anything under the other sets?
Your book plainly says it is for moderate to advanced users, and I am just beginning to try to understand some of the material in your book even though I have had it for a long time. Is there a basic book anywhere that explains channels, etc? All of the things that are discussed in your book. For slow learners and not yet moderate or advanced.
Thank you for providing all the time and effort in answering questions and being a tremendous help.
Accidently, I fixed one of my pictures going through your steps in splitting RGB colors, just for practice,and I can't imagine why it made it better. Or it may have been in the luminosity section- Ohwell. Thanks again.
Olive
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-21-2004, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Thank you, thank you. There are the Effects.
No problem...glad I could help.
Quote:
why isn't there anything under the other sets?
Those are places for you to put other actions. When the stuff first came out I had envisioned getting some action writers (other than myself) to help out and bring more to Elements...regretfully I wasn't able to find a whole bunch of interested parties. I think there is a need and a wealth of things to be converted, but somehow the message isn't getting through. It could be because some people don't see an immediate buck in it. The only other person that i could get interested in making conversions decided to release her own interface, and, well, split efforts that would have been better off unified.
Quote:
Is there a basic book anywhere that explains channels, etc? All of the things that are discussed in your book. For slow learners and not yet moderate or advanced.
Well, as most people will tell you there are no channels in Elements unless you read my book, it isn't likely that you will find an Elements book that talks about channels at all! When you say you want to know more about channels, do you have specific questions? Really, all they are are components of the image...like you have stock, water and salt in a soup, you have red, green and blue in an image. if you have specific questions, better to just ask them and I'll answer them here...better than me trying to get what you want into another book!
Quote:
Accidently, I fixed one of my pictures going through your steps in splitting RGB colors, just for practice,and I can't imagine why it made it better.
That was no accident ;-) The steps in the book are basic enough that the beginner should be able to complete them. They are also solid enough in foundation that they should work on any image. that you don't know why it made the images better is perhaps written into the text of the book...Essentially you are optimizing the image components, which results in color balance and a more dynamic image. The more you understand these adjustments, the further you can go with them. However, even the basic steps improve your images.

Feel free to ask those questions!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support