RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Font Size

Old 09-05-2004, 08:05 AM

Font Size

I've been using Hidden Powers for some time now. I'm not sure what I did, I may have added something or changed some setting, but my hidden powers menu now has a substantially larger font size, which makes it more difficult to navigate. While it's not a particularly big problem, I would like to get this font size reduced to where it was. Anyone know how I might accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

Bill W.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2004, 10:22 AM

Did you change some default options for screen resolution or system font sizes? Unless you got into the Hidden Power files, i am not sure of another way to change the font size.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2004, 12:37 PM

Font Size

Richard,

Thanks for the reply. What's odd is that the font size for other tabs in the pallete well are of the smaller font size. There are two that have the larger font size, the "how to" and "hints". I could be mistaken, but it seems that at one time they all had the same font size. Not a big deal, but I would prefer the smaller font size, so I dont' have the move sliders around so much.

Thanks,

Bill W.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2004, 03:00 PM

You might try throwing out the settings file. Restart elements and IMMEDIATELY press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT / Cmd + Option + Shift (PC / Mac). Hold these keys down until a dialog appears asking to throw out settings (I forget the exact wording...it is the only dialog that will appear with a yes button on it). Click yes.

if that doesn't do it, something happened to the original files. Try reinstalling.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2004, 03:07 PM

Font size

Hi Richard,

Yes, I've already done the file resetting. I'll try to reinstall. My one concern is if I do a reinstall, will I lose all the third party actions I've installed? If I do, I guess I can live with the larger font size. I don't want to have to reintall those other actions since it took some doing to get some of them installed.

Thanks,

Bill W.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2004, 03:13 PM

Ah, so you were messing with the files! I was going to ask that. Somewhere in your journey you changed something you shouldn't have--likely there is an error in the code (such as an unclosed tag).

Reinstalling will remove any customizations that you made, but you should have made those cusomizations to the Welcome Menu stuff, not the HP tools. You know better what you did than I do...If you have an HTML editor (Dreamweaver) you can open those files to check for where things have gone wrong.

OK?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2004, 03:44 PM

Font Size

Richard,

I guess I was coming to the same conclusion. In looking at the index files they all look ok i.e. in the smaller font size. So there must be something interfering with how they get displayed. I'm not all that comfortable messing with html, but I think I can look through a number of the files and see if something is missing compared to the ones that do display properly. Thanks.

Bill W.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support