RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

New Actions?

Old 01-31-2005, 05:10 AM

New Actions?

Richard,

Once the software is on my comp for PSE 2.0 ...How do I add more actions say from atncentral.com to it so I can use those actions also?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2005, 02:41 PM

anyone..?

...who has this software...know how to add more actions..?...I can't make heads or tails of it....
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2005, 08:52 PM

Have you tried to follow the instructions in the Hidden Power Actions readme and advanced rtf? That stuff isn't for everyone. I will have a white paper out soon that tells about another way to run actions. Keep up with the newsletter and I'll announce there and here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2005, 08:56 AM

Advanced.rtf

Yes, I did go through the advanced.rtf....but it does not say where to put the actual action at...Just the photoshop actions folder?...and then where else?....and what needs to be edited in the HTML file...I looked for the spots where it stated there was supposed to be a place that would let me know where to put the info but I didn't see that....finally....if an action is a set...how is that done...where each one does something different...4 different effects....but listed under one action....
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2005, 10:33 AM

I am pretty sure the information is in the file...there is a section called 'adding links' that shows how to manage a sample file included with the set, and then sample HTML for the whole file. the action only needs to go in the Photoshop Actions folder -- nowhere else. The HTML file for the tab you want the action to show up in needs to be edited to add the link. The real link is managed by the code:

playaction(actionfile.atn,actionname)

all you do there is use the action file name and the name of the action in the file.

If fiddling with code is not something you are familiar with, you should probably wait till I get the new white paper up -- shouldn't be long now. It shows how to do it without messing with the code.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2005, 10:45 AM

Code?

I guess my question then is which code are you talking about redoing...the HTML code?...or somewhere else?....and what is the white paper..?...I'm sorry if these questions seem redundant....but thank you for all your help...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2005, 11:13 AM

The only coding you can get to is the HTML. If you are not familiar with html from dabbling in web page creation and don't have some other type of familiarity with programming, you might not want to bother.

The white paper will tell how to install actions in a different way that does not require editing the HTML.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2005, 09:52 AM

Not a problem...I am somewhat familiar with HTML and tags and what not...when will the white paper be out?....I also have another question...about actions in general...maybe you could help....there is a "set" of actions that I would like to add...when I try to break them out and do it...it only pulls the one...even though I've made he four different files....any thoughts?...I was using the method of creathing them in Photoshop, changing name on layer, and making that and the action file and the psd file all have the same name in the effects folder....any idea why or how this is?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support