RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > History, Conservation, and Repair
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

History, Conservation, and Repair The history of photographic prints, and how best to care for and repair them.

Keeping information with Scanned Family Photos

Old 06-12-2007, 05:15 PM

Re: Keeping information with Scanned Family Photos

No it does not... Here's the screen capture Doug was shooting for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture-1.jpg (30.4 KB, 25 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
No it does not... Here's the screen capture Doug was shooting for.
Thanks Swampy...I didn't think that it did what I wanted. I think a similar thing can be done with any windows file, but I want the information to go with the photo so that future generations plowing through my digital "shoebox" of family photos can tell who the people are with any other technology.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryb View Post
hi,
I know what you mean on the red car.. smile... the first time i used I thought I had tag the wrong picture...lol .....

I guess the intent of the programers is just to give you a rough idea what the text looks like in relation to a "startard" size picture.

but what bothers me in that regard is when I have a very narrow picture.... the display doesn't give the correct perspective of the text.... sometimes i go back have to change the font size ...

on font size... depends on picture and in some cases how it going to be used... and your own preferences .
1. myself on most pictures I will use a 25pt and check mark bold... I find for me this is easily to read and it works great for me in most cases...
2. but i will go to a smaller font size if I am dealing with a very narrow picture and I want to make sure certain info gets on a single line....
3. but when doing special projects like a album or for webpage... then anything goes.. because your looking at the rest of the text on the pages, plus your font style and such...
Thanks for the information and help
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2007, 10:50 PM

hi,
your quite welcome... may want to look at all the other features of the program there quite a few interesting one.... have a goodevening
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogee View Post
Thanks for the information and help
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2007, 07:57 AM

I have a digital database of photos for my household insurance. I used FileMaker Pro which let me set up a searchable database with comment and photos.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2007, 08:55 AM

Lifehacker had good things to say about Picasa, which is free from Google.

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/t...asa-267024.php
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
hi,
your welcome..... as you noticed there isn't any limitations at all including time.... the only thing is a nusance screen and that it... although I didn't need to , I like it so much that I bought it...!!
Went to use GWSPRO after using it for free and discovered the evaluation version has expired and it now places a watermark on your photo if you use it...so now I have to decide whether to buy it or not.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2007, 11:46 AM

hi,
thank you for telling me that.... that is really surprising..... it must be something new... because there was a long time between using and buying and there were never anyproblems..... just the nusance screen....... none of my non paying friends have reported any problems with a water being inserted after trial period....

well i guess all things changes...i'll have to take a closer look on that... and if i recommend it i need to let them know about that...

again thank you for the feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogee View Post
Went to use GWSPRO after using it for free and discovered the evaluation version has expired and it now places a watermark on your photo if you use it...so now I have to decide whether to buy it or not.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
hi,
thank you for telling me that.... that is really surprising..... it must be something new... because there was a long time between using and buying and there were never anyproblems..... just the nusance screen....... none of my non paying friends have reported any problems with a water being inserted after trial period....

well i guess all things changes...i'll have to take a closer look on that... and if i recommend it i need to let them know about that...

again thank you for the feedback
The version I have is GWProfessional 3.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > History, Conservation, and Repair