Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

A New Persons Questions.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:13 PM

Don't fear my dear, all are friends here. I stumbled upon this site about a month ago, and have spent almost every waking hour reading and studying all the forums and tutorials. At first it was all greek to me, but with time it started to sink in, and then all of a sudden the light went on! I am now almost ready to post my first critique. I can honestly say that 99% of my questions were answered for me by searching the forums. Anything you can't find, just ask. I would say that the very first thing to master is layers, if you haven't already. There are great tutorials on this in the tutorial section. But, I didn't get it right away from just tutorials. I got more help doing searches in the forum to clarify things. As you explore the site more, you will come to realize how many of us started out like yourself. Enjoy!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Hi FIZZ I saw your post with your work. Congratulations on being brave to post it!! I hope to get there soon!! Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Hi nebgranny,

Great that you decided to join us ... and a big welcome to RP from me too!!!!

Originally Posted by nebgranny
1. Does anyone here use PSP ? Or is this just a group for Adobe Photo Shop?
I do not have it nor the funds to run out and get it. I do however play around with PSP.
Maybe most of us use Photoshop, but many use other software including PSP ... so you definitely are in the right group!!

2. Is there just a forum for very new restoration wanna be's ?? A place where we new people could gather and practice some very simple tutorials and get help from the more advanced folks here. I would be ashamed to post my attempts at restoring some of the pictures posted for a try!! I don't have a clue about half the functions and instructions mentioned.
Our Help Forum is just the right place ... you'll always find help and advice no matter what your questions or doubts are .... and never be ashamed of posting your attempts .... we all started from scratch!!!!

3. After looking around I can see I am way out of my league and yet I do not want to leave this group. I love to look at the work being done. I wish I
had half the ability as you folks here.
You are not out of your league at all .... you are just a beginner (newbie ) .... Just stick with 'this' group, have fun and the rest will come ....

4. Is there ever a live chat time for beginners where there might be a leader and a time to work on a picture via instruction and as a group? I would love this!
Not that I know of .... but what a great idea!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Welcome nebgranny, you have indeed stumbled onto a great forum.

Allow me to make a suggestion; post the picture you are trying to repair in the proper forum and ask for help. If you mention your program and experience level I am sure you will be thrilled by the response. So many here have so much to offer you can't go wrong.

Glad to have you aboard!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Welcome aboard neb. Don't worry about posting something you're not proud of. Just show some of your attempts, and ask for pointers on how to improve it. You'll get all the help you need here, and nobody will try to knock your work. I predict you'll be spending a lot of time here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Smile Welcome!

Welcome Nebgranny!

As you can tell just by the rplies to your posting that the site members here are a GREAT bunch of people and will go to great extermees to help each other. I have learned so much from them and consider this forum my #1 stop for help and advice.

Welcome Again!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help