RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

A New Persons Questions.

Old 03-11-2005, 09:28 AM

Smile A New Persons Questions.

Good Day All:
I found this great site via a search. I am a senior citizen...(does it even matter) LOL and I have some questions and thoughts. I must admit I have not had the time to snoop through all the forum information, would take forever. I have looked at some and am amazed at the talent people around here have. I am in awe of the contest results and am a little sad I can not vote. Why Not?? They are all great!! However I do have my favorites!! On to my questions.

1. Does anyone here use PSP ? Or is this just a group for Adobe Photo Shop?
I do not have it nor the funds to run out and get it. I do however play around with PSP.

2. Is there just a forum for very new restoration wanna be's ?? A place where we new people could gather and practice some very simple tutorials and get help from the more advanced folks here. I would be ashamed to post my attempts at restoring some of the pictures posted for a try!! I don't have a clue about half the functions and instructions mentioned.

3. After looking around I can see I am way out of my league and yet I do not want to leave this group. I love to look at the work being done. I wish I
had half the ability as you folks here.

4. Is there ever a live chat time for beginners where there might be a leader and a time to work on a picture via instruction and as a group? I would love this!

Well this is it for now. I know more questions will pop up as I stay around. Thanks for your patience in responding to a new participant. My head is spinning with all that goeson here in talent !! Nebgranny
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 09:47 AM

Be not afraid

We all started learning from scratch somewhere

The critiques forum is great, people will give you pointers and post step by steps on what they did.

If you get stuck there is the help forum too.

Lots of different types of software being used from what I have seen.

Welcome to RP, all I have encountered here are a bunch of really nice folk, with the prevailing attitude that we are all here to help each other learn

Jump in and enjoy
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 10:40 AM

Thank You..

Thank you Juliana: I appreciate the reply. Ineed to look around more as do not know the area's of help you are referring to. Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 11:51 AM

Nebgranny

Welcome to the forum, i use PSPv.7 and PSPv.9 i also use Photoshop and Corel Painter, please don't worry about your age, we have all ages here in this forum, with all kinds of experiences, you have to enter the contest to vote for the winners, you have time to enter go see the contest information.

Please don't think your out of your league cos your not, if you have the imagination and you want to join in that is brilliant, as Juliana says Jump in and enjoy!

I am sure one of the moderators will pop by and answer any other questions, but for now goto the top where it has a banner type toolbar and click on "RetouchPro" it will bring down a scroll list and click on forums and go look at the retouch and other sections, i am online for a few hours if you need to email me, all you do is right click on my id and then it give you ways of contacting me, this works with most members.

Welcome aboard
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 02:01 PM

Hi Nebgranny,

Welcome to RP. Not much to add to what's already been said.

Don't worry about being a beginner, we were all in your place at some time. Any work you care to post will be judged on its merits and your experience. There are few here who are not objective when criticising, and its one of the best ways to learn.

My experience has been that all members are helpful, and some go to great lengths to provide this help.

So join in, you'll surely be welcomed.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 02:34 PM

Appreciate your post.

Thank you for the response. I would not dare post what I have tried. I would be so embarassed!! But I really like the pictures posted for me to try. I can
see that people are very nice here. I just tried to restore one posted..now where was it?? LOL I do not rememberand got very frustrated. I wonder if anyone might have a few EASY beginners pictures to try. I would appreciate a post so I can try something not so bad..the one I tried needed the shoulder replaced..I am not an artist, so what do we do with something like that??
It was the picture of a soldier. Very torn and tattered!! I tried.... some places looked good others were a mess. I am persistant and will continue to try and learn. Thanks again for the encouragement. Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 02:37 PM

Hi Legacy:
I appreciated your post as well. I took up the offer to e-mail you. Did you receive it yet? Thanks and Blessings Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 03:22 PM

Welcome aboard...from another granny
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 03:28 PM

Hi and thank you for the welcome. Isn't it wonderful to be a Granny? I have 8 and love them all. Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 03:29 PM

Hi Neb, in the case of the missing shoulder, look to see if the other shoulder could be used to help you rebuild the damaged one. It is often possible to copy and paste good parts onto damaged. You will of course have to reflect or otherwise modify it to fit.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help