Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

how is this effect done?

Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 03:47 PM
sn3p sn3p is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1
Question how is this effect done?

Hi, my first post on RetouchPRO! just regged bacause this seems a nice forum with nice and patient people

I found this forum while searching for an answer to a question about a effect i saw on a wallpaper and i realy like to know how it's done. I tried some stuff in photoshop but i don't know where to start actually..

Does anyone know how this effect is done?

thanks in advance,

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Romany's Avatar
Romany Romany is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Swansea,Wales
Posts: 68
Hi there sn3p
Had a go at it, but didn't finish it here is what i done if i can remember:

1. Make a Layer and use the bucket tool to fill in red.

2. Paint in the hill (black ) and use fine brushes to make grass.

3. Make a new transparent layer and use different brushes to create black mist , opacity 30/35 flow around 68.

4. Make another transparent layer and use grunge brush and paint in thick lines.

5. Mess around with the eraser tool and with opacity to fetch red color in places.

6. get some people ( off google ), use the stamp tool and fill use the bucket tool to fill in the gaps with red.

Hope this helps!

I will get the links for the grunge brushes and post them asap.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (97.5 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Romany; 03-24-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2005, 04:46 AM
TylerRB's Avatar
TylerRB TylerRB is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Landstuhl, Germany
Posts: 126
Thanks for all the links to the brush resources.

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-26-2005, 03:24 PM
creeduk's Avatar
creeduk creeduk is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 297
looks like the images used threshold to go black but don't over do it then there is an overlayed layer on top, this can be taken from a random image of say drape/curtains. Again use threshold and maybe levels then paste the result into the mask. Use alt, click on mask and then you can paste into that area. this gives an effect just as the image you show. Additionally use random brushes to touch it up. I have seen catchy images done the same but with trees taken in fall, the threshold, gives a nice disturbed feel.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-26-2005, 03:34 PM
creeduk's Avatar
creeduk creeduk is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 297
Here I knew I had seen one latley, this was the main feature last week at adobe exchange:

It uses a random image to get a grunge effect.
Reply With Quote top

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glamour retouch challenge here!!!! superkoax Photo Retouching 332 02-08-2011 09:52 PM
Blood Effect Saleem Akram Non-RetouchPRO Resources 5 08-07-2007 10:01 AM
Help with the Luminosity and Color Effect ekrieg Hidden Power Support 10 07-18-2007 10:07 PM
Need help to make this photo effect wolverine Photo-Art 101 9 06-25-2006 02:46 AM
Using Fade effect jbruceb Hidden Power Support 6 08-04-2003 07:33 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved