RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Help requested..

Old 04-14-2005, 02:33 PM

Help requested..

Hi there.. I am new to the forums, but it looks pretty cool here. I'm requesting some help.

Right now I'm away in Hawaii on vacation and took a crapload of pictures with my old 2mp digital camera. Yeah yeah I know what you're saying 2mp. I was going to get a 4.1mp before I left, but decided I'd rather bring more money with me and get it when I get back.

Anyway, I took this picture: http://www.yuppicide.com/other/p1010066.jpg -- we stayed on a house right on top of a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Off in the distance you can see a storm.

I'd like to enhance the photo and make it zing. Colorful, vibrant, make it stand out when I show people. Any ideas what I should do?! I have Photoshop and can download other stuff if necessary.

I hope that picture loads for you. I'm on dialup and a laptop (double whammy) out here in Hawaii, but will be back home the 17th and can get on my good machine with highspeed.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2005, 02:39 PM

I just thought of something also.. you might have to download that pic to your own machine because I think the DPI is over 72 and it won't show up on the web, correct?! I just asked a friend to view the pic for me and he said nothing showed up but a gray background.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2005, 03:44 PM

There is no image, it's all black.

k
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2005, 06:09 PM

Smile Welcome!

I tried to download the image but I think the host site you are using is not up or it is having some problems. Can you post it again from another website, or post it directly here using the optimized JPEG save at 100K?

Jon
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2005, 06:10 PM

Post Yep...

Just blackness
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2005, 01:29 AM

Black here too. Tried with both Firefox and IE.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2005, 04:32 AM

I cant see the photo either as the link seems to be redirecting to a 'Flash Movie" not a jpg file.

If you dig a bit deeper and take a look at http://www.yuppicide.com/ you will see a rather neat (in my opinion) way of generating portfolios on your web space.

It's free and it makes it very difficult for people to 'borrow' your photo's.

Richard
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2005, 01:02 AM

Yeah, that program is really nice.. you can customize it in a few different ways and you can have it automate the process of doing the resizing of photos and stuff. If you pay I think it's $45 you can remove the SimpleViewer crap. I don't know if I want to register it yet.. I'm thinking of getting a site designed for me instead with all custom stuff.

I just put those pictures up for now because I had bet my friend he'd never get his website done and I would have mine up first, so I had to win. He owns in-purgatory.net and was going to put up pictures also and some other stuff, but is very lazy.

I'll try to re-upload the photo when I get home.. maybe it was because I was on dialup it got corrupted. I'll delete and reupload.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2005, 01:08 AM

Actually I just purchased 30 mins of internet access from the hotel I am in here and the picture works fine. Maybe the gamma on your monitor is set low and it looks dark.

On my screen it's dark, but not dark that I can't see it. It's the sky with a storm in the distance. When I get home though I guess I can bring it into photoshop to brighten it up a little then reshow you the picture. I'll keep the original just incase I want to start my basis for modifying it from there.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2005, 01:11 AM

Just tried it again, it's not dim, its a blank dark grey/black screen, no picture at all. Check the link you've given us.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help