RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Perhaps someone can lend a hand

Old 05-18-2005, 07:09 PM

No problem, tb5821 ..... Now it is black ... (or any other colour you'd like it to be)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2005, 08:04 PM

What do you guys think so far?? what else does it need? (besides neatimage)

http://www.silverscreencreations.com...dpic_small.psd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mom_oldpic_small.jpg (65.1 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2005, 01:59 AM

My general feeling is the colours look a bit washed out. A touch of hue/sat adjustment should help. Also the skin tones look a bit pink/magenta for my taste. I adjust these by eye, so no real tips on how to adjust, but no doubt one of the "numbers users" will be able to give you the values of RGB you'll need to get the correct tone. Drive has no colour at all, possibly you could paint some in, to differentiate it from the car, but this would need a light touch.

Hope this helps a little.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2005, 04:40 AM

odds are pretty high the color of the car is grey primer in my opinion
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2005, 04:47 AM

Ah looking at the psd file it seems you went for desturating then colorizing where necessary. First thing I noticed is that the people look like they need to be blend into the pic better. IOW they standout too much I think.. Alas I can't say Im any better at it. Second thing I noticed was the screw up on the tire. But I guess you've fixed that by now.
And I assume the finale will have none wearing grey. Kid with the cap is wearing bluejeans I'm almost sure. But it looks like your coming along
Pete
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2005, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb5821
What do you guys think so far?? what else does it need? (besides neatimage)

http://www.silverscreencreations.com...dpic_small.psd
tb - it looks like you may have recoloured the skin of the family? If so you need to be careful not to cover the eyes and other features when you do so - at the moment it looks a bit like they have been flattened by the colour. I think you could try to sharpen up the family a bit as well.

Overall the family seem have lost some definition and detail of shadows etc. Increasing contrast, and sharpening would help.

What has happened with the little girl's trousers/skirt? I think that the shadow as it was could probably be left as is.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2005, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin
tb - it looks like you may have recoloured the skin of the family? If so you need to be careful not to cover the eyes and other features when you do so.
For the skin I followed Flora's suggestion, but you are right I did not yet get to mask out the eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
Skin Tones, other colours and turning the car black.

Created a couple of Levels AL: (Attachment 2)

Skin/Hair etc.

Red
Input Levels: 20 ; 1.21 ; 255

Green
Input Levels: 12 ; 1.00 ; 255

Blue
Input Levels: 36 ; 1.05 ; 255

Car (Black)

RGB
Input Levels: 26 ; 0.41 ; 213
Quote:
at the moment it looks a bit like they have been flattened by the colour. I think you could try to sharpen up the family a bit as well.
Overall the family seem have lost some definition and detail of shadows etc. Increasing contrast, and sharpening would help.
So for this I would select just the people, and apply a shapen mask to them? how much?

Quote:
What has happened with the little girl's trousers/skirt? I think that the shadow as it was could probably be left as is.
I havent done anything with them yet, I tried to fix the boys jeans (i thought they were army pants). I'm assuming her pants were red? how would I go about adding some color to them?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2005, 08:34 AM

Hi tb5821,

I thought I would have a go at this one myself.

Again, I went from your 'edit' layer, and switched off all other layers/adjustment layers. I must be honest and say I don't think your technique is the best way to go here - the colour is still in the image, so better to use that than than try to modify every section of the image seperately as it doesn't come out looking realistic I don't think; and it's a lot of work!

With this I simply did a levels adjustment setting the black and white points. Then a pretty radical colour adjustment layer. Lifted the colour saturation, and a final tweak of hue seemed to bring the colours closer to lifelike. (Flora's blue jeans!)

Also a bit of USM to sharpen up the picture. In the attached screenshot I've compiled all the layer adjustment dialogues - obviously you can normally only see one at a time!

So are you one of those little kids?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg familycarphotoshopped.jpg (96.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg mom_oldpic_smallb.jpg (98.3 KB, 11 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2005, 08:48 AM

Looks like you were posting as I was composing my message tb5821!

Flora is a whole lot more experienced and skilled than me, so her advice should be taken as far superior to mine. However, I think it was based on wanting to make the car black - if that isn't your aim anymore then radical adjustments of individual sections of the image may no longer be necessary.

Looking at your layers I see now that the reason the girl's pants looked odd is you had included the area in your car body layer adjustment.

My version is a distictly unsophisticated one, but easy to achieve!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2005, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Flora is a whole lot more experienced and skilled than me, so her advice should be taken as far superior to mine. However, I think it was based on wanting to make the car black - if that isn't your aim anymore then radical adjustments of individual sections of the image may no longer be necessary.
Perhaps the whole image would look better if the car was the "army green", like I said I would still like to touch up her pants and bring some of the other colors out a bit more, because not it looks kidna flat....so maybe flora will be able to lend me her insight.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help