RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

How are they making eyelashes?

Old 07-09-2005, 11:42 PM

How are they making eyelashes?

Please help, my daughter is in pageants and I am paying $1500. for her headshots. I could do them myself (amatuer photographer) but I can not retouch like they do. The biggest problem is the eyelashes. They are putting eyelashes on them that look just like false lashes. Any idea how they are doing it?
Thanks for any help.
Amy
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2005, 11:50 PM

the two ways i can think of right off hand would be to simply draw them in. the other would be to clone them in from another image. actually, there's a third. if you had a separate image of an eyelash with a transparent background, you could just cut and paste it in. you might have to rotate it or skew it or something on that order, but it could be done, especially if you had a whole library of these.

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2005, 12:04 AM

or pop over to the paint outside the frame forum and download the eyelashes they have there - they are in psd format and you can copy them to a new layer and adjust to suit - use multply layer mode to lose the white background.

This is the URL but you may need to join the forum first.

http://65.109.107.107/Invision/index.php?showtopic=396

Christine
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2005, 12:08 AM

Where would I get an eyelash with a transparent background? You also mentioned a library of them. Where would I find these?
I have pictures being retouched right now that will be done shortly and I will be getting the images on a cd. Could I somehow cut and paste the eyes onto my own photos I take? If so how would I fix the difference in skin color. The pageant photos have very peachy skin tone while regular pictures do not.

Thanks for the help.
Amy
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2005, 12:52 AM

Hi Amy,
Thanks for the-mail.
I am currently at work, but when i get home i will pop something together and get a mail sent to you or perhaps post it here ( god its been a while ).
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2005, 03:51 AM

Hi Amy,

Welcome to RP!

You might have solved your problem already, if not, you could have a look at this Post..
I have made some 'eyelashes' brushes and you can download them from there ... I've created the brushes in PS CS so, if you have a previous version, I could send you the eyelashes on a transparent background.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2005, 05:08 PM

Flora, I need help

Hi,
Those lashes look great but I can't figure out what to do with them now. How do I get them into phososhop and then remove the white? I have a brush now with lashes on it and it works pretty good but your's look even better.
Thanks for any help.
Amy
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2005, 05:19 PM

Amy, if you dowload the zip file at the bottom of Flora's post you will find they are brush files too. The picture that Flora posted was just to demonstrate what they looked like.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-11-2005, 02:50 AM

Hi Amy,

as Caitlin said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin
Amy, if you dowload the zip file at the bottom of Flora's post you will find they are brush files too. The picture that Flora posted was just to demonstrate what they looked like.
.... Here is how to do it:
  1. Download the 'EyeLashes.zip' File.

2. After having opened the .zip file 'extract LashesFinal.abr to your PS CS2 brushes Folder ... usually: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Brushes.

3. Start Photoshop, click on your 'Brush Tool' and on top of your Tools' box you'll see the Brushes Presets etc. Tab.
    Click on the small arrow on the right of the icon showing form and size of your brush, and on the new dialog box, click on the small arrow on the top right... this will open a cascading menu which contains, among various options, a list of different brushes .... In this list, you should see also the name 'LashesFinal' .... simply click on it ... (Attachment 1)

4. On the confirmation window which will appear, just click on 'Append' to add the Lashes Brushes to your 'Default' ones... (Attachment 2).

Now your new brushes are ready to be used ....

TIP: don't use the brushes on your image directly .... Create a new blank Layer on top of everything else and, starting with a low-medium brush Opacity (40%-60%) just click (don't drag) where you want to place the brushes .... Experiment with the Layer's Blending until you get the 'look' you like .... The size of the Lashes brushes can be increased or decreased just like the normal brushes .... but if you still are not satisfied with their size or position, (and this is the enormous advantage of having painted the lashes on theit own Layers) go to Edit>Transform>Free Transform and you can further change the lashes size, form and rotate them to make them fit to and blend with the form of the eyes.

Hope this helps ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brushes.jpg (100.0 KB, 456 views)
File Type: jpg Brushes1.jpg (43.3 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by Flora; 08-29-2006 at 06:34 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-22-2005, 03:58 PM

Eyelash Brush Set

While doing this months contest, I ran across this awesome set of Eyelash brushes by shakealicious at DeviantArt. I love their natural effect. Made for Photoshop 7 but they are compatible with CS2 as well.

Here's the link to the site where you can download the brushes-

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18636533/

Here's an example of what they look like in use.

Hope they are of some use to somebody!

~Amber~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before and After.jpg (43.4 KB, 772 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help