thanks fats and nice job. very natural looking.
i also just had another thought... since the concensus is that this shot is too close, why not make a smaller image, but a bigger canvas and fill in his shoulders, put in a better background and really touch this up. think of it as a challenge in fact, this would make an excellent challenge pic, or even a contest pic.
1. Sence there was true black and white in the photo, I used the b&w eye droppers, in levels, to set b&w points.
2. I used curves to add cyan to his skin, and remove the red overcast in the picture.
3. I used the forward wrap in liquify tool to raise the corners of his mouth.
4. I used the clone tool, and healing brush to remove the dust, and spots from the picture.
5. I selected the dark areas around his eyes, but not the eyes themselfs, and created an alpha channel with the selection. I blured the channel with a 9 pixel gaussian blur, and then loaded the channel as a selection.
I created a curves adjustment layer, and reduced the dark areas around the eyes, while trying to keep it looking like his real skin color.
6. I used the clone stamp tool, to reduce the bags under the eyes.
7. I used neat image plugin, to remove some noise from the picture.
8. Added another curves adjustment layer to add contrast.
9. Added a hue - sat layer to reduce sat a little.
10. I then added a merged visible layer to the top of the layer stack, and set to soft light. I then ran the high pass filter with a setting of 3 pixels to the layer, and set the opacity to 60% to help sharpen the image.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Glamour retouch challenge here!!!!||superkoax||Photo Retouching||332||02-08-2011 08:52 PM|
|picture||piglet91||Image Help||1||07-13-2007 06:40 PM|
|Inlaws picture..||bazzelle||Image Help||23||12-14-2004 11:38 PM|
|How to take a good picture of a picture to be restored||dipech||Image Help||5||07-10-2003 11:35 AM|
|Picture Rising into another picture???||kscoxie||Photo Restoration||2||05-02-2002 12:30 AM|