RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Wallpaper Design

Old 12-05-2001, 12:14 AM

Wallpaper Design

G'day Everyone,

I've just been having a play around with some 'tutorials' and the like and this is an image that I produced.

http://www.mattelder.com/images/Pict...Wall1_512x.jpg

I have larger versions of it on my website (http://www.mattelder.com ) for those who are really interested. I'd certainly be interested in any comments as the base image was taken from "Photo manipulation Challenge 6".

http://www.retouchpro.com/challenge/...ge6/index.html

I loved the image with the architecture and gradients but didn't like the actual challenge (sorry DJ Dubovsky).
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2001, 12:39 AM
Janitor

Well, it's certainly...different

I had to stare at it awhile to finally see the original image, and would never have guessed at the source if you hadn't told us outright.

So, c'mon, no free rides here: how did you do it? What was your inspiration, thought process, etc. What were you trying to say?

My first take on it was as some sort of bizarre subway photo.

And I encourage all sorts of play outside the Challenges. They're one thing, this is another. No reason they can't co-exist nicely.

And do us all a favor and attach a copy, so years from now when that link is dead people aren't left in the dark (pun intended).
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2001, 12:45 AM

everytime I've tried to upload an image, I've never been able to. I would love to get it off my server space. I go to browse, make sure it is a jpg under 102400 but when I hit submit, but it never appears. I'm not trying for a free lunch or anything, just generally didn't think that people would be interested. Alot of it was shear experimentation. Took about 20 hours to do and the final file has about 120 layers all doing different things. If there is enough interest, I'll write a tutorial or part there of or something. What are people interested in?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2001, 01:34 AM

how you made the scalloped light tracks

thought process in general
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2001, 03:09 AM
Janitor

Most common reasons uploads don't work:

Too big (cut it by 25% and try again)
No ".JPG" suffix (this stymies some Mac users).
Impatience (there's no progress gauge, and can take a few minutes with slow connections)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help