Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Can it be done

Old 12-06-2001, 05:11 PM
Can it be done

I have found a scenery picture that I like while surfing the internet and thought it would look good combined with another photo.

But when I save it to JPEG in Photoshop and tried the free transform to enlarge the photo and changed the resolution a greater amount, the picture is distorted in that it looks all digital like, is there anyway of fixing this problem.

And also, on the same subject the picture that I am putting in looks obvious that I have combined them, is there a way to make it look like realistic and not obvious that I have cut and pasted.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-06-2001, 06:50 PM
Increasing resolution (ie: getting something from nothing) is problematic at best. Make sure you have 'bicubic sampling' selected in your preferences. There are add-on companies that claim better math techniques (ie: Genuine Fractals) with mixed results. Someone posted a link here recently to a free PS action that automates a multi-step expansion that seems to improve upon single-step.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-06-2001, 06:53 PM
Without seeing the 2 pictures, there is no way to tell what problems you are having blending them. Can you upload them so we can see what you're talking about?

As for the picture you got from the internet, I have thought of a possible way to increase the resolution but it is rather unconventional. I'm not even sure how well it will work. First, print out the picture then scan it at a much higher resolution. You will loose some quality but it shouldn't look all pixelated. At least I don't think so. I've never actually tried it, just thought it should work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-06-2001, 07:18 PM
Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL

Wow Debbie,

That might be an unconventional way of trying to get more resolution, but it sure seems like it might be worth a try. Now you're thinking "outside" of Photoshop. Maybe we should do that more often, and realize that there *might* be an alternative way of doing some things. Thumbs up for using the old noggin! My personal opinion is that it won't help much, but that's a guess and it *is* worth a try. If anyone tries it, let us know how it works. That will be interesting to say the least!

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help