Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

New here, looking for help

Old 12-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks so much Flora

Originally Posted by Flora
Hi chickieceba!

Welcome to RP!

... So sorry about your grandfather ....

I agree with Balky here .... Size and resolution are very important .... the more details you have to work on, the better the results ...

The RP's size limit per attachment is 100KB (200KB in our Gallery) ... and you can add up to 5 Attachments per post ...

Phil has provided a link to a very detailed explanation about image size ... if you are working with Photoshop 7 or higher you can have a look at this...

That said, I had a go at some of your pictures ... The one with the young couple was the worst to work on as it had very few details ... but here is
what I managed ...

Thank you Flora, Those are great. The person who recommended me was right. You guys are great!!! I don't have Photoshop. I just have PhotoImpact Pro. 8.5 It's not much, compared to photoshop, but I try to do what I can. I just couldn't seem to be happy with what I could do with them. My grandfather keep these photos in his wallet so the hard part was the sticky, lint, mess on top shows up when scanning. But, since I couldn't get them to look as good as I knew they should, I turned to you guys. Again, Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-07-2005, 11:50 PM
You are welcome Carrie!

So glad we could help .... I'm going to work on the other two ... (I've downloaded the one you resized) ... and post them as soon as I'm finished ...

Take care ...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2005, 05:12 AM

Good Job. A much improved file to work with. I used several steps. Levels, and curves, and image/adjustment/variations. Neat Image and the Healing Brushes. The color still isn't right, but at least there is some improvement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sibs2.jpg (35.0 KB, 21 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Thanks Phil and Flora

I am glad I resized better. I resized all of the pictures in the very first post in this thread, after I realized how to resize better. I thank you both for your help and look forward to the help with the other pics. My family is hoping to have prints made and back before Christmas. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi Carrie

I had a go at one. I hope you like it. If the colours are wrong please let me know and I can change them

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ken_scan0004.jpg (99.1 KB, 14 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help