Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Portrait restoration problem

Old 01-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Excellent work Flora!

I am just starting out using this method for colorizing. I would be interested in an action that creates all of the neccesary layers and masks if you have one made. I am lousy at making actions! That seems like it would shave part of the time off anyway. I just need to learn to "let go" in colorizing. I always tend to not add enough color for fear of it looking oversaturated...

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2006, 01:13 AM
Hi Kate,

... if I haven't done it yet,
Welcome to RP!

Thak you so much for your kindness!!!

You might have missed it, but I had already attached my 'Colorizing Layers + their masks' action on one of my previous posts on this thread.

It's in .ZIP format so, it should be extracted to:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop...\Presets\Photoshop Actions if you installed PS there ....

After doing this, Open PS go to the Actions Palette's Menu, load 'Colorizing Layers' and run it on a picture... As I suggested to Ken, you could try to increase the saturation on all three layers if the results by using them as they are aren't strong enough
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2006, 12:08 PM

thanks! I had missed it somewhow-- but it works fine in CS. Good ideas about adding in more color layers if having trouble getting the tones you are looking for.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help