RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

How do I Rebuild the Red Channel?

Old 02-03-2006, 05:06 PM

Wow, I love this forum! Iím a member of several forums and after the common experience with the average forum; I certainly didnít expect a response like this. Usually I donít post somewhere until I am really stumped. Unfortunately the same seems to happen to the community at large after seeing my posts and I rarely even get a response. Nice to know that isnít the case here. This thread seems to have really taken on a life of its own. Everybody had a lot of really good input. Ro really got the ball rolling there with some surprising results. Iím definitely gonna adapt some of those techniques. And FloraÖcome on! Thatís ridiculous. Those pictures look spectacular. You have truly restored my faith in Photoshopís ability to..uh..restoreÖpictures. As did everyone build my faith in the forum. Iím sure I wonít hesitate to post in the future, and I look forward to offering the same welcome and help to other members of the RetouchPro community whenever I can. I am defiantly going to crack open Photoshop as soon as I get a chance. Iíd love to see if I could get results even close to what I have seen here. I may be back with questions since I havenít totally gone through all the steps described here in any real detail. I just popped in and saw all of this and wanted to shoot out a quick but sincere thanks to everyone for their help.

Thanks again everybody!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2006, 06:17 PM

Trully thankyou Flora for your time
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2006, 10:00 PM

Well I finally got around to trying out these tricks on the first picture. Even though Flora seems to have definitively solved the problem; I thought it appropriate to share my results with the original. The best part about this method is that it actually works! It really was only a few minutes. The length of time this would take is completely dependant on how picky a person is with the selective color. I imagine I could touch this thing up plenty more before I am satisfied, but I think that it came out great so far. Definitely a great method: minimal effort with maximum results. Thanks SOOOOOO much. I canít wait to get my hooks into that other one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red-A2.jpg (96.3 KB, 20 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2006, 06:15 AM

Hi again JimmyMJB2,

thank you for your feedback and great comments!!

So glad you found us helpful and great to have you aboard!!

Your picture looks great .... the only thing I'd still do is loosely select around the boy, create a Selective Colors Adjustment Layer for the selection and lightly decrease the magenta in the Reds ....

I did that and place 'my' boy on the left of yours .... hope you don't mind ...

Hi Cass,

thank you for your feedback ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F_Red-A2.jpg (94.7 KB, 31 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Patron

Flora, wow, really excellent! The mask was definitelyn the best way to go. Also, I had never fully appreciated the value of the option to mask the Apply Image feature. Now all you need to do is figure out how to clone yourself, many times
Thanks & Best Regards,
Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-05-2006, 01:23 AM

Thanks Murray!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2006, 06:58 PM

Flora I donít mind at all. In fact I prefer these things be pointed out to me. Iím always trying for the best result possible. It really helps to have an extra set of eyes to get to that point. So thanks; that was indeed an improvement I might have otherwise overlooked. I still havenít really gotten around to that other one. Since it has been referred to here as the Ďhard oneí Iím sure Iíll be back with problems. But thanks again!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help