RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

My Dad's only picture of his parents

Old 04-16-2006, 12:17 AM

ok, this shld be a little better. i started over, ran only one pass of the degrunge, did a tiny bit of airbrush and then a high pass sharpen.

craig

edit: didnt like that one either...still too spotty. so i ran digi noise removal, some lighten/darken, and a little cloning on top of the last one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ORIGINAL-DADS-PARENTS-3-k-1a.jpg (96.6 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Craig Walters; 04-16-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2006, 01:25 AM

Now you're talkin'! That one looks pretty good. I have the same problem--I'll post something I could swear looks good and then I look at it in the post and I think it looks terrible.

I have to remember to flip back and forth to the original to keep my bearings.

Bart
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2006, 01:36 AM

thanks bart,

it could still stand some work...some noise reduction here and there, a clean up of her outfit...and his. i kind of like the background on this, but the contrast is poor for the images of the people. and when i start getting paid for these, i'll start finishing them

and yes, i've all too often posted something only to see the flaws the next time i look. i tell others to walk away all the time and then post stright up, myself. it's a practice well worth disciplining oneself on and there are a number of methods that can help. the most obvious is to simply save and quit that image. another is to turn the image upside down or mirror it for a while. this can give one a fresh look. another, and the far more tricky one, is to develop the ability to erase in your mind everything you've seen prior to the current state the image is in. and that's the real trick... seeing it newly, in a new unit of time, without any 'after images' of what it looked like before. it's more of a skill than some might think; certainly more of one than i used to think. but it's a skill worth developing....and obviously i havent yet

craig
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help