Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Problematic Restore: Where to go from here?

Old 04-16-2006, 09:54 AM
blue dog,

there ya go! now yer off and running in the right direction! MUCH better!

What I was pointing out is that an acceptably good clean up could be done with just PS without too much more work and with the advantage of full control over what changes are made.
yes, you can do a nice cleanup with just PS. but the nice thing about the polaroid program is, you can use it as a stand-alone program, which allows you to mask whatever you want and not have that area touched, or, you can use it as a plugin and use the masking resident in your graphic editor. both ways do give you full control. thus, you could mask out the faces with a hide mask when using the program and do these by hand if you wished.

the ONE big drawback with the polaroid program is, that, at least in the plugin mode, you can only work on an image up to a certain size. if your base image exceeds this size the polaroid program will return an error message when you hit 'correct'. this size limitation is somewhere around 800 x 600. i dont know the exact size, and it may only be that no dimension can exceed 800 (or thereabouts). or, it might be the actual file size it balks at...not sure. but i have had to resize images due to this annoying little limitation. and i'm not sure if using it in stand-alone mode does this or not.

also, if you just cant find it on the polaroid site any more, i'm sure we can arrange to make it available somehow. it's a good application and does things normal noise filters dont do. but do try a google search first.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help