RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Photo Retouch & Coloring

Old 04-15-2006, 09:52 PM

I just reworked your effort. Skin tone adjustment, a little texture in the skin, softened/cleaned the edges and suit. Several layers of selective sharpening.

However, the main adjustment was enhancement/changes in shadow to fit the portrait and single directional lighting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JGC300-600j.jpg (89.0 KB, 24 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2006, 09:58 PM

Bart: There actually is some color in the hair. It's a dark brown. The reason I didn't put it in the jacket, tie, and shirt collar is because it seemed to look fine to me without it.

I'll respond to everyone else shortly.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2006, 10:39 PM

Ken: I think it's sort of ironic that the initial problem of my last picture was that it was too yellow. Now I'm getting told that I went too cyan. It's hard to get that exact amount that is wanted by others but I think I am pretty close. I think you went a little to far on the contrast but who knows. Part of that looks good I just think it may have gone too far.

VeryWeird: I think you went too red on this one. I don't like expressing my opinion on this stuff because I don't want to seem like I think I know what I'm talking about but I think you went overboard. I learned an awful lot from you on that first one though. That's why I am much closer to start off on with this one. I think that based on people's opinions and what they do to change things I have gotten to a point that is so close that it is only personal opinion that separates us and not me just being plain wrong. That's a good thing to me. I'm going to keep practicing and improving though. I just got pictures of my grandma, mother, and uncle (which this picture is of), back in 1945. After seeing the ones that I did my uncle wants me to color that one so I'll see what I can do. I also got one of my gradfather's senior picture which would be about 1936. Should be fun and I'll show you when they are done.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2006, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imann08
VeryWeird: I think you went too red on this one. I don't like expressing my opinion on this stuff because I don't want to seem like I think I know what I'm talking about but I think you went overboard. I learned an awful lot from you on that first one though. That's why I am much closer to start off on with this one. I think that based on people's opinions and what they do to change things I have gotten to a point that is so close that it is only personal opinion that separates us and not me just being plain wrong. That's a good thing to me.
It's your picture and should suit your taste and requirements. Also monitor calibration may differ. Do what you think is right. I was going for something like this (though not quite so extreme):

http://www.time.com/time/personofthe...vers/1992.html
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help