RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Help to Remove Discoloration

Old 05-15-2006, 04:24 PM

Hi Syd.

Thank you for you kind comments. Glad you liked it.
Your picture looks great too. There is a little bit of the oval left on the dress, but apart from that, the rest is very well done.

Kerry.
Your picture is looking good. There is a cyan cast on the lower part of the dress, but that’s easy corrected.

Ken.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2006, 05:10 PM

i thought ken fournelle's was an excellent job also.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2006, 11:44 PM

WoW!

I just wanted to say thank you again for all the assistance. I keep coming back to look at everyone's methods, especially when I get stumped in a section and don't know what to do next. I am almost done now and will post my final result.

I think it is so neat to see how one picture can be made to look so different based on the artist's interpretation of what they see. I hope that one day I will be at least half as good as you all.

Thank you again,

Kerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2006, 01:01 PM

Great job everybody!

Kerry,

welcome to RP!!

.... couldn't resist ...What a beautiful bride!!!

My first attachment is simply the B&A a plain restoration ...

In my second attachment are two different version of my restoration ... a simple grey vignette to make your Mom 'pop' out more ... and a soft, romantic pink/violet vignette...

Let me know if you'd like a detailed description of what I did...

Syd,

could be my monitor, but in your restoration the shadows seem completely black ... leaving no details whatsoever in the bride's hair ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F_WeddingMom.jpg (98.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg F_WeddingMom_V.jpg (98.6 KB, 47 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2006, 02:43 AM

Wow Flora you did a lovely job! In your first before and after is that a created background or the restored original? I also like that you were able to get the green back in the trim.

I plan on offering my mom two different versions of her picture when I am done. The first choice will be as close to the original, when it was taken, as possible. It was shot in front of a grey screen and lit from behond (your first attempt and others with grey backgrounds are excellent examples for me). Some people, and I agree (my progress shot I posted is so cool I think I see icicles ), find that look a bit cool, but I want her to be able to have a copy of how she remembers that day being.

I then want to be able to give her a copy that has been warmed up. I love the idea of adding a vignette around the edges (any recommendations on how to do this softly are greatly appreciated), and other people have used a warmer toned background and smoothed and warmed up the skin (love this too).

Well I've rambled on long enough now, off to bed.

Kerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-21-2006, 06:10 AM

Hi again Kerry and thank you so much for your kindness!! ,

Quote:
In your first before and after is that a created background or the restored original?
It is the restored original background ... Changing the background completely is, usually, my 'last' resort which wasn't absolutely necessary here ...

I usually create vignettes on a blank Layer so I can play with Opacity, Blending and colour until I'm satisfied with the result. The procedure is very fasy and easy:

* Create a new blank Layer.

* Working on the newly created Layer, use the Elliptical Marqee Tool to create an Oval selection ... Transform the selection around the subject until you are satisfied.

* Invert the selection Ctrl+Shift+I ... Now, the borders and corners of your image are selected.

* Strongly feather your selection Ctrl+Alt+D ... in this case I used a 80 pixels feather Radius.

* Fill the selection with the colour of your choice.

* Experiment with Opacity, Blending and colour ...

Done!

Last edited by Flora; 05-24-2006 at 01:14 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help