RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Posting images

Old 06-20-2006, 07:39 PM

Posting images

I have an image I would like to post to RT Pro, I have made some corrections to the image, i.e., Flora's blue sky technique, but when I go to PhotoShop 7's save for web, all I see is the blue skies. I need to make the color of the airplane in the image your typical airplane silver, rather than the blue color it has now. How can I upload the image?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2006, 08:56 PM

Hi Christo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo
I have an image I would like to post to RT Pro, I have made some corrections to the image, i.e., Flora's blue sky technique, but when I go to PhotoShop 7's save for web, all I see is the blue skies.
...does this happens only on the 'Save for Web' window or do you have the same problem while working in PS? ....

If you have the same problem working in PS, you might have to refine/correct any possible colour 'bleed' to other parts of the picture with the help of a Layer Mask...

If it happens in the 'Save for Web' window only it might depend on the fact that you forgot to 'flatten' the image before giving the 'Save for Web' command... The 'Save for Web' option will only consider the top visible layer as it can't save 'multiple layered' images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo
I need to make the color of the airplane in the image your typical airplane silver, rather than the blue color it has now. How can I upload the image?
If you could post both, original and the one you get with the Save for Web, I/we might be able to help you more specifically ...

If you need it, you can find help on how to upload images here or by clicking on the first link in my signature.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-23-2006, 12:21 AM

Attaching photos

Dear Flora,
I am not sure you got my last image as I have been having some computer problems. I no longer have the original image, but can attach the somewhat altered image (your blue sky technique).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AbdulAzziz3.jpg (37.0 KB, 24 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-23-2006, 11:13 AM

White Balance

All you need is to change the white balance. As you can see all the colors are restored (not only the airoplane)!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plane.jpg (27.5 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-23-2006, 08:25 PM

Posting images

Change the white balance? Can you elaborate?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-23-2006, 09:07 PM

Hi Christo

Lots of ways to do it. One way open a Hue/saturation adjustment layer and change the channel to blue.. Take the eydropper and click on the plane.. then increase brightness or decrease saturation.

Then take a big black brush and paint on the mask to restore the blue sky.

Butch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gown-7529-Back-Full.jpg (13.2 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-24-2006, 02:34 PM

Hi Christo,

pity you lost the original since the posted image is only slightly bigger than a postage stamp!

Anyway here are two version of the picture:

In the first one, after restoring the colours with the Levels by setting the grey point on a spot of the airplane 'body' at the left of the open door, I replaced the sky with a linear gradient (darker blue to lighter blue) using the 'blend if technique' you were referring to ..

In the second version, instead of using the 'blend if technique', I simply used a linear gradient blue to transparent on a new Layer on top of the background ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F_AbdulAzziz3.jpg (98.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg F_AbdulAzziz3a.jpg (98.6 KB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help