Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Great way to help RetouchPRO ????

Old 08-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Great way to help RetouchPRO ????

Hi everyone. First off I would like to say that Retouchpro is probably one of the best websites I have ever been involved with. You guys do things with photos that truly are fantastic. Secondly I would like to say that I hope I am not overstepping any boundaries by posting this sort of a request.

My problem is this. I guess I am just as thick as you guys are talented because no matter how hard I try I just can’t get the same results that you all do with the pictures that I request help with. Therefore, I would like to make a proposal.

If it is allowed, I would like to post a high resolution JPG file along with its original RAW(usually around 7 or 8 Mp) file on MY website and post a link to those images in this forum. I would like for you guys to fix the problems that I point out using the JPG image and park it somewhere on the net so that I can access it. I am providing the RAW file so that you can play with it if you like.

In return, for every image that is “repaired” I will donate $20 to Retouchpro. I could farm this work out to a pro lab, but they usually charge $35 to $75 an hour which I think is usually too much for the small things that I need done. And of course farming it out would not help Retouchpro. I know that $20.00 does not seem like lots and lots of money, but I am not that good of a photographer so it may be steady work. : ).

Below is my first request. I have posted this image here before and saw great results but I just can’t get the same quality results myself.

I need three things done.
1. Correct the shadow on the mothers right arm and neck.
2. Tone down her big toe.
3. Repair the missing paint on the front of the bench.

Please do not sharpen the image or adjust the colors.

I need to make a 16x20 print from the final result.

Here is the link.

The RAW file was created with a Canon 1D Mark II and converted to JPG using Canon Digital Photo Professional (DPP)

Thanks guys

Last edited by mfgriggs; 08-13-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Don't be surprised if you don't get any takers - the last person that tried this con failed to pay up.

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2006, 12:58 AM
I alkready have a fixed version of this image but I'm still waiting to hear back a response to the swimmer image I sent you
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2006, 05:55 AM
I am so sorry Nancy. I could have sworn that I responded to the great job you did on the swimmer. I thought you may have finished your tutorials and no longer needed my images. At any rate tonight I will send RetouchPRO 20$.

Sorry for the mix up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2006, 06:49 PM
I just sent my first donation to RetouchPRO for the swimmer. I can't wait to see the repairs made to the family.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2006, 07:58 PM

I was to offer $30, but sorry to hear that someone pull CONS with the Art [I guess I'm still innocent]...
But someday I will make my Proposal to RetouchPro cause it's the Best forum that I have ever seen [and I belong to 13]...
I would introduce my Proposal soon, I want to provide a kind of storage for more larger pictures and I own and I want to develop a community too... Thanks!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help