RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Help w/wedding photo? Please?

Old 01-17-2002, 01:11 PM

Hey!

here's yet another version...........

been working on some macros to address just this sort of thing...still working. Can't yet tell you what I did exactly---a lot of fiddling--but nothing too radical.......

I still need to sift out the operations that are essentially meaningless.

wof....................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pb236812small-b.jpg (91.0 KB, 65 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2002, 01:20 PM

Thumbs down

Wof
That's a winner for sure. I basically did a quick color adjust to demonstrate that the photo wasn't a lost cause but you took it through the whole gamut with excellent results. Great job!
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2002, 08:30 PM

Go easy on me, I'm new to the board and just a rank amateur when it comes to image manipulation. This was my attempt at correcting the image. According to my wife it looks pretty good (at least on our monitor).

Now hopefully I can figure out how to attach the file properly!

I simply added an overall hue/sat adjustment layer and desaturated yellow. Then I selected the skin tones and added another adjustment layer to reduce the reds. Then a quick adjustment layer for brightness and contrast. Took me about 10 minutes overall and that was mainly the skin tone selection.

Whooops, blew the attachment!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2002, 09:22 PM

Smile

Welcome aboard ItzRandy. Yup you're a true member now because having problems uploading files is a pet peeve of us all. Don't give up we are eager to see what you did. And believe me when people think they have little to offer, that is usually when they contribute alot whether it's something they have picked up that even seasoned vets have no knowledge of or maybe it's a question they ask that has us all looking for answers. You'll find we don't always have all the answers either but we do try to help.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2002, 09:48 PM

Okay, let me try this again .... and thanks for the "Welcome Wagon" DJ!

I've figured it out! If you preview your post, you have to reload the image from that screen!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reworkedwedding.jpg (59.7 KB, 59 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2002, 10:14 PM

Excellent job! Good description,too. Quick, clean and neat. Glad to have you here!! Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2002, 10:49 PM

You wouldn't be underestimating your talents there would ya? That's excellent! If that's what you do as a rank amatuer, I can only imagine what you will be doing in a few years.

So you figured out the upload ok I see. That's actually a test to see if you're worthy. You passed with flying colors. Not really or I'd have been left out in the cold. Took me several tries to get that right.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2002, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Dubovsky
Here's what I got after about 2 minutes work so you may want to take more time to get it better than that but you get the idea.

Go to the Channels Palette and activate the blue channel. It should look real dark. Go to Image > Adjust > Brightness/Contrast and adjust the brightness and contrast untill it looks more normal. Reactivate the RGB channel and bring up the Layers Palette.

Now add and adjustment layer of Color Balance with midtones marked and adjust the levels til it starts to look more normal. Mine was showing levels of -44, +20, +10

Now do a levels adjustment layer and choose the green channel. Adjust the right arrow left to the base of the histogram. The levels should read some where around 0, 1.00, 247

That should help you some and like I said, it was a quick fix so you may tweek it even more.
DJ
Maybe its the lcd talking but i kind of like the orignal the new photo looks a little to blue/green
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help