Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Help rebuilding arm

Old 01-24-2002, 08:19 PM
Help rebuilding arm

I am reconstructing a wedding photograph. Luckily I have a great 120 negative---it was my wedding. Our photographer was a family friend who hadn't done a wedding in several years, and in the rush of things we forgot to get a formal photo of the bride and groom.

However, we did get a great shot of the two of us with someone else in the picture, holding onto my wife's arm. I can remove the person and supply an alternative background where they were standing, but I am having to completely rebuild my wife's arm in the process, and I'm having a heck of a time getting the colors and shadows just right.

Does anyone have any advice? I'll post the photo later on this evening---I'd do it now but my bride is reading email right next to me, and I don't want to let her know what I'm up to yet.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2002, 09:04 PM
Well, I can't offer much help without seeing the image, but I love the setup so far
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2002, 07:20 AM
What I did

I just encountered a similar problem. I used a digital camera to take a new picture with similar lighting and camera angle. Since you want your wife's arm it should be handy . If you don't have a digital camera a regular snapshot should work as well. Cut out the arm with photoshop, size it, and blend the two together. WC
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help