RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Amy Grant

Old 09-30-2006, 11:51 AM

Re: Amy Grant

I used Lab color, Levels on channels a and b, convert to RGB, curves adjustment layers, selective color, neat img.
Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Amy_web.jpg (98.9 KB, 51 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2006, 11:55 AM

Oltenius, you may need to check your monitor for calibration, as most of your images appear over bright, I calibrated my monitor last night, much to my horror
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy
Oltenius, you may need to check your monitor for calibration, as most of your images appear over bright, I calibrated my monitor last night, much to my horror
Cassidy, Thanks for you comment.
I think my monitor is calibrate! I'm waiting for other opinion before to do another calibration, pls.
Dan
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2006, 07:21 PM

Used Polaroid's Scratch/Dust removal and then Imagenomic noise removal, followed by Selective Color adjustment layer to work on blacks and skin color. I added a bit of color (may not be appropriate hue) to her hair.

Must have been exciting to have photo with Amy Grant!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WithAmyGrant.jpg (97.5 KB, 37 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2006, 08:16 PM

Hi Rob.
Welcome to Retouch Pro.

I think I did the same as everyone else but I started from the Black channel instead of the green, I also added some colour to the background.
Just ask if you need more info

Hope this helps.

Dan.
Your image may be a little too light. The highlights look OK but the shadows look a little too light. I can see Amy’s collar and the man’s V neck on his pullover. Maybe this was deliberate but it also highlights the noise in the shadows. It looks better on my monitor if levels are adjusted to 40 1.00 255

Ken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ken_Amy.jpg (97.9 KB, 35 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2006, 05:08 AM

Ken, Thanks!
My monitor isn't a 'new generation'. I have an IBM G74, 17''. I tested and calibrated this monitor with 2 test programs and everything it's OK! The setting of my Asus is sRGB. color profile. Probably you have a LCD monitor and maby could be a difference to view my image, I think!
Dan
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2006, 05:23 AM

Hi,

Rob,

welcome to RP!!

Great job everybody!!

I had a go too:

* To brighten up the image I duplicated the background, inverted the duplicate (Ctrl+I) and set its blending to Soft Light.

* Used Levels and Curves on the shadows for further brightening and overall for contrast.

* Selective Colors to enhance the faded colours.

Noise? ... I really don't understand what everybody is talking about... .... there was absolutely no noise at all!!! .... Only kidding ... the noise was terrible!!

* Used Neat Image (noise removal software which can be downloaded free here)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F_Amy1.jpg (95.7 KB, 31 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2006, 10:57 AM

welcome to RP, RobMor.

we've got quite an array of entries here on your pic. so, why not one more

i ran 3 adjustment layers first, just to get things in the ballpark a bit more, curves, brightness/contrast, and levels. i also used a screen blend on the levels layera and a soft light blend on the curves. i also went down to the duplicated original layer and ran a light to medium digital camera noise removal.

i then copy merged the entire thng and made this a new layer.

on this new layer i ran another bright/contrast adjustment layer and selected the dark areas at 3% tolerance, continuous. on this selection/mask, i painted the mask lighter and darker to give some differences between amy's clothing and yours and a few other areas. there was no color here to speak of, so i just treated it as a gray scale.

i then inverted the mask/selection and did the same thing with this selection. this was all to bring out some detail and contrast.

there really wasnt a lot to work with here but thankfully, the faces were in decent shape. i could have done more clean up on the faces to remove a bit of that grain, but in this particular case, it seemed better to just remove a tiny bit and not get into the 'noise removal blur' that happens a lot with noise removers of any kind.

as for this statement:
Quote:
The camera got defective and the result is a shame.
i would seriously look into that. opportunities like a shoot with amy grant dont come around very often, at least not for most of us. and whether it was the camera or the operator, i'd track down the reason and fix it.

craig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Amy-1-k-1.jpg (94.5 KB, 31 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help