RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Buzz simplified image: Need advice on colors

Old 10-09-2006, 07:33 PM

Buzz simplified image: Need advice on colors

Hi all
I need some help with this image, the first one is the original, the second is adjusted with buzz simplifier - the problem I have is with the sky immediately above the boat - in between the trees - this area should be the same as surrounding sky colour but the buzz simplifier has not recognised this - on the whole I'm happy with the result but as you are probably all aware once you see it you always go straight there when viewing - thanks for advice in advance
CHEERS
TOM

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/DSC_0006.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...DSC_0006-2.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-09-2006, 08:20 PM

Re: Some advice please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopers_PaleAle
Hi all
I need some help with this image, the first one is the original, the second is adjusted with buzz simplifier - the problem I have is with the sky immediately above the boat - in between the trees - this area should be the same as surrounding sky colour but the buzz simplifier has not recognised this - on the whole I'm happy with the result but as you are probably all aware once you see it you always go straight there when viewing - thanks for advice in advance
CHEERS
TOM

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/DSC_0006.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...DSC_0006-2.jpg
Welcome, PaleAle...

Nice original and Buzzed arty interpretation.

What image editing program are you using?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-09-2006, 08:43 PM

Re: Buzz simplified image: Need advice on colors

THanks - using Photoshop Elements 2 - had it for a while so have got used to it - when finances a bit better I'll invest in CS2 - but until then I'll make do with what I got
CHEERS
TOM
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopers_PaleAle
THanks - using Photoshop Elements 2 - had it for a while so have got used to it - when finances a bit better I'll invest in CS2 - but until then I'll make do with what I got
CHEERS
TOM
No problem using Elements. It's necessary to know which program you are using in order to provide relevant info. An elegant Photoshop (only) solution would do you no good whatsoever.

re: CS2
Don't be in a big rush. CS3 will be out 2Q'07. In that regard, purchase a PS6 or 7 through eBay, then "upgrade" to CS3. This will save you a few hundred bucks.

The Buzz behavior you reported is pretty typical. Not much you can do about that.

Although I don't have Elements, I'll give this a shot...
* You need to set the foreground color to the desired sky color. Somewhere among Elements' tools should be one used to sample colors -- perhaps an Eye Dropper like tool. Click on "desired" sky color.
* Choose the Magic Wand tool. (check out the instructions at the BOTTOM of this webpage: http://akvis.com/en/graphic-tips/sel...-elements.php).
* Set the Tolerance value to about 10. If there is an anti-alias option, click it on.
* Shift + Click on the areas where you want to replace the sky colors. (Holding down the Shift key allows one to add the next area selected to what's been selected already.)
* Create a new layer.
* Choose the Brush tool and turn on the Air Brush option.
* Airbrush the new color into the selected areas.

You'll probably have to experiment few times to get the Tolerance setting right and the painting down pat. No problem deleting the "new color" layer and starting over. No harm done to the original layer.

Hope this gets you moving.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2006, 02:26 AM

Thanks Danny - I'll give it a go - nothing wrong experimenting and as you say can always retrieve the original image - I've always used trial and error - sometimes you get lucky and works first time - but handy tips are always welcome
Here's the fixed image - Thanks again
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...DSC_0006-4.jpg

CHEERS
TOM

Last edited by Coopers_PaleAle; 10-11-2006 at 04:03 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help