RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

e-xposure design

View Poll Results: Opinions Needed!
Feedback on Photo Gallery 0 0%
Opinion of Web Page 2 100.00%
Opinion of Services offered 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2002, 10:53 PM

Went back to check out Katrin's example and found three more text mistakes.You did ask for imput.

P.S. I did not see your name in Katrin's contributor's list. Many of use consider her book our Bible for restoration. Also Katrin has helped many of use, myself included. An explaination coming from your side?

Bob
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Walden
Went back to check out Katrin's example and found three more text mistakes.You did ask for imput.

P.S. I did not see your name in Katrin's contributor's list. Many of use consider her book our Bible for restoration. Also Katrin has helped many of us, myself included. An explaination coming from your side?

Bob
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 11:32 PM

photo issue

There is no doubt that this image is from Katrin Eismann book. I am a big fan of hers. I open to admit that this image is from that publication. Please also let me tell you that this company is not operational and this page has only been shared with friends, family, and those in the idustry that are willing to share advice which is why I have come to you. There has been no submission to search engines for this page at this time. When you make your self open to the public then I will be concerned about this issue. There are more samples dealing with hand coloring that will follow in the next couple of days that will take the place with some of these photos.

I appreciate your concern about this issue.

regards,

Todge Sutkowski
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 11:49 PM

Can I ask why are you using URLs in that hidden text? Are they there to try to fool the search engines? These URLs are not yours, Doug's site is even listed and even knows who else's is there. I've seen the practice of using keywords at the bottom of the first page to try to fool the search engine spiders but I don't understand the uses of the URLs. Please tell me what the reasoning behind it is, I'm confused

Last edited by Sanda; 02-04-2002 at 12:22 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2002, 12:02 AM

Re: photo issue

Quote:
Originally posted by e-xposure
When you make your self open to the public then I will be concerned about this issue.
[high horse mode on] You made it public when you posted your site here, as well as when you posted your business information in the classifieds forum. It may not seem like much to you, but if you want to be perceived as a professional, then you need to understand and respect copyright laws. [/high horse mode off]
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2002, 06:13 AM

No sense in sugar coating it....
I found a few things that I didn't care for:

You have no examples of any other work, except for the restorations, and your own logo. Why you chose to use someone else's work is beyond me. Have you no work of your own?

Your text on your Corporate page doesn't ring true. Your own logo doesn't "clearly communcate your corporate message". You aren't even capitalizing it the same way in the same paragraph.

Check out the restoration pricing page. Your layout has forced a page break between the dollar sign and the amount ($35).

Check the grammar on your first page. The last sentence doesn't seem right.

I can't say that I'm impressed by your restoration work. They are basic fixes that just about anyone can do.

Finally, I think the hidden text thing is awful, desperate, and sneaky.

If you really are concerned about integrity, you should spend more time with your website developer.

Last edited by Vikki; 02-04-2002 at 04:36 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2002, 08:13 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Todge,

Let me first make it *very* clear that I am speaking as an individual, and I am not representing RetouchPro.

I find it very disturbing that you would use an image that you have no right to use on your website. You come across as someone who is *much* less than professional, and someone who is using the talents of people on *this* site to further your abilities to draw people to *your* site in hopes that they will *pay* for your services. I wonder how many other images you are displaying illegally. Admittedly I know nothing much about website structure, but it seems from other posts that you have put things into your site that are somewhat less than truthful. And if your website lacks professionalism, how are your other services? The mere fact that you put the image on there opens it up for the general public to see. Like Vikki, I wonder why you don't use your own images? Do you actually have the skills to be a professional restorer? IMHO, I doubt it.

Apologies to all for my ranting. It's just that sometimes things get to me. Once again, these are my own sentiments, and they have nothing at all to do with RetouchPro.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2002, 08:59 AM

Images

Ed,

All of the images that are posted were done personally by me. This of course is minus the photo in question where I did the lesson. The rest of the photos were done for my family members. One of which is my father. Ease up! All graphic images were done by a very close friend that is a graphic designer. The photo in question will be taken down by the web designer within the next 48 hours.

Todge Sutkowski

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed_L
Todge,

Let me first make it *very* clear that I am speaking as an individual, and I am not representing RetouchPro.

I find it very disturbing that you would use an image that you have no right to use on your website. You come across as someone who is *much* less than professional, and someone who is using the talents of people on *this* site to further your abilities to draw people to *your* site in hopes that they will *pay* for your services. I wonder how many other images you are displaying illegally. Admittedly I know nothing much about website structure, but it seems from other posts that you have put things into your site that are somewhat less than truthful. And if your website lacks professionalism, how are your other services? The mere fact that you put the image on there opens it up for the general public to see. Like Vikki, I wonder why you don't use your own images? Do you actually have the skills to be a professional restorer? IMHO, I doubt it.

Apologies to all for my ranting. It's just that sometimes things get to me. Once again, these are my own sentiments, and they have nothing at all to do with RetouchPro.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2002, 10:41 AM

Todge requests: I am looking for some constructive response concerning my photo gallery from what my piers think in this community.

Then Todge responds: Ease up!

Todge -- you asked for constructive responses; you received constructive responses -- your website contains copyrighted images that are not your own, spelling errors, and design errors.

Now it's up to you...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2002, 03:52 PM

Hi Todge,

You certainly are doing some very interesting work.

Your website looks very good. My comments reflect my personal approach to websites and are not any criticism of what you have done.

I would like to see the shadow in your logo to be more transparent. It seems to block out some of the other elements of the logo. Also, the white in the x might be toned down a little.

The description of your services in the text on the home page is duplicated on another page. You might want to put the three links; web design, graphic design and photo restoration on the same line and not have the text on the same page.

These are just some quick thoughts.

Alan
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help