RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

e-xposure design

View Poll Results: Opinions Needed!
Feedback on Photo Gallery 0 0%
Opinion of Web Page 2 100.00%
Opinion of Services offered 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2002, 06:31 PM

e-xposure design

Hi,

My name is Todge Sutkowski. I have just started a new business with photo restoration, web design, and graphic design. I would like everyone to come and view my web page. I am looking for some constructive response concerning my photo gallery from what my piers think in this community. You can reach the address at this url:

www.e-xposuredesign.com

You can also email me at this address:

todge@e-xposuredesign.com

Thank you!

Todge Sutkowski

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 06:50 PM

Hi Todge
Welcome to Retouch Pro. I'm not exactly sure how to use the poll you set up but I did visit your site. The gallery is excellent. You did a good job on the site. It's fairly straight forward and easy to read. I think the only thing I would do is bring in some color to help break up the black and white wording. (But I am no web designer so take that for what it's worth.) All in all, you should do will with it. Good luck.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 06:56 PM
Janitor

Well, I don't know about what that poll is meant to accomplish but I did visit your site. Your restorations are very good, and I wish you all the luck.

I must comment on the design of your site, though. Some of the pages took a very long time to load, and your restoration page is not visible to me without sideways scrolling (and I work at a relatively high screen resolution).

But the main thing I feel obligated to address is all the hidden text on your main page (down at the bottom, white text on white background). This is a very poor scheme, and could very well backlash on you in the long run. It immediately made me suspicious of your motives (though with exploration that was mollified, but you can never completely change a first impression). Plus, many search engines are smart enough nowadays to recognize this trick, and will simply skip indexing your site.

Ditch the hidden text, make your site a bit friendlier to browse (faster, narrower) and I think you'll have an attractive site that I hope will generate a lot of business for you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 07:15 PM

Doug,

I did not design the web page. I will make sure that I inform my web department about this issue. My motive is to get back feedback from this community.

Business Integrity is an important part of what I believe in.

Thanks

Todge Sutkowski
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 08:45 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by e-xposure

Business Integrity is an important part of what I believe in.

hmmm.... One of those images in your restoration gallery seems strangely familiar. 3rd one down...I hope you got permission to use that.

The hidden text is tacky. Why does clicking on the logo open another copy of the home page? That makes no sense.

I know I am starting to sound mean, but you are advertising graphic design and yet your site is an exercise in bad design.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 09:44 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
I went to the site, and after a very long time I still did not see the first image. It was longer than I was prepared to wait for, so I can almost guarantee that the general public won't wait for it either. But I'll probably go back if for no other reason but to see the third image down.

Just got back from the site. That image looks very familiar to me too!

Ed

Last edited by Ed_L; 02-03-2002 at 09:55 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 09:53 PM
Janitor

I must also object to referring to your company as "your sole source for preserving those family memories". Since there are thousands (or more) of us out here, that would be less than true.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 09:59 PM

The image is from Katrin Eismann's book on page 34 and 35.

I never noticed the invisible text until you mentioned it. I did think it was funny that the page end was so far from the last item. I gather that is where you put your key words? No wonder why my site is so far down on the search engines.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 10:20 PM

I was going to give Mr. ex the benefit of the doubt in regards to using an image from Katrin Eismann's book. Heck, for all I know he got permission to use it. (although I doubt it). If you do not have permission to use her image, then I would suggest you quickly remove it. I know a lot of people on this website respect her work and would not hesitate to contact her.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2002, 10:34 PM

I liked the site. Easy to read and good restoration examples and explainations. Really liked the pronunciation of Giclee.

However, as you are also selling web design services I would have little confidence because with a quick look I found three major problems. Under "Scanning Services" "Iris/Giclee" and "Web Design". Someone was not doing their job proofing.
The restoration part I thought was great, design not so great.

Bob
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help