RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Image Security - watermarking maybe

Old 03-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Patron

Re: Image Security - watermarking maybe

John, this may be a solution for you to try. There is a neat little program call gPhotoshow. You point the program at a folder of images and the program creates a slide show for you. It allows you to choose transitions and timing and will even play background music if you link a mp3 file to it. This is similar to what you can do in Poweerpoint and other such programs. HOWEVER, one of the options you have is to encapsulate the images and music as a self contained .exe so that it will run for someone who doen not have the program. Moreover, you can set the control options to abort when any key on the keyboard is hit. This means that the recipient can double click to watch the show only. If they try to hit the Alt Printscreen the show imediately aborts. The images are encapsualted in the .exe so there is no way to access them. If you are intersted in checking it out you can find it at http://www.gphotoshow.com. I think the price of the program is $20 or $29.
Regards,
Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-18-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday
John, this may be a solution for you to try. There is a neat little program call gPhotoshow. You point the program at a folder of images and the program creates a slide show for you. It allows you to choose transitions and timing and will even play background music if you link a mp3 file to it. This is similar to what you can do in Poweerpoint and other such programs. HOWEVER, one of the options you have is to encapsulate the images and music as a self contained .exe so that it will run for someone who doen not have the program. Moreover, you can set the control options to abort when any key on the keyboard is hit. This means that the recipient can double click to watch the show only. If they try to hit the Alt Printscreen the show imediately aborts. The images are encapsualted in the .exe so there is no way to access them. If you are intersted in checking it out you can find it at http://www.gphotoshow.com. I think the price of the program is $20 or $29.
Regards,
Murray
Thanks Murray.....
I downloaded the trial of gPhotoShow and am thinking of giving it a try later. My first concern with such an app is the "exe" extension. Most websites and email providers do not permit transferring of exe files. Their scanners pick up on them and classify the exe file as a risk or malware. I will try it out just the same. Thanks Murray.

I wanted to try a method I read about yesturday in a post here at RetouchPro but today I cannot find the post which explained the method. It was a method using shapes in PS. I spent hours today scanning old posts looking for it but have not found it yet.

John
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Patron

John, I have experienced that problem with exe attachments and ISP screening programs. There is a way around that one as well. Change the exe to jpg or some recognized application like psd etc. Just tell the recipients of the file to change the extension back to exe before opening it.

As for the watermark link, I do not recall it either. However, here is a quick method of adding a watermark or the copyright symbol;

Open an image.
Select the type tool and type the copyright symbol or any other text you want to use for a watermark.
While you're still in the type tool dialog, click the color swatch, and set the color to 50% gray. (Use HSB values 0-0-50 or RGB values 128-128-128; both will produce the same result).
Click OK to exit the type tool.
Resize and position your text as desired.
Double click on a blank area of the type layer in the layer palette (not the thumbnail or the layer name) to bring up the layer styles dialog.
Apply the Bevel and Emboss effect and adjust the setting until it's to your liking.
In the layers palette, change the blend mode for the type layer to Hard Light.
Tips:
If you'd like the watermark a little more visible, try a color value of 60% gray for the type (HSB value 0-0-60).
Resize the type at any time by pressing Ctrl-T (Windows) or Command-T (Mac). Hold the shift key and drag a corner handle. When you apply the transformation, the type will resize with no loss in quality.
You are not restricted to using only text for this effect. Try importing a logo or symbol to use as a watermark.
The Windows keyboard shortcut for the copyright (©) symbol is Alt+0169 (use the numeric keypad to type the numbers). The Mac shortcut is Option-G.
If you use the same watermark often, save it to a file that can be dropped into an image any time you need it. Remember, it's always editable!

Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help