Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Newbie with a photo effects ?

Old 04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Re: Newbie with a photo effects ?

You might want to pick up a book or two on or go to the library and see if they have some for the program you decide to work with. It's often helpful to start with a book, unless you are running 2 monitors and can read tuts and do at the same time.
I was just thinking that.Any suggestions??I work with PS7,PS elements,PSCS and PSP9.
I was thinking of Adobe's Classroom in a Book series.Has anyone used it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Re: Newbie with a photo effects ?

If you have a Borders or B & N's around, stop at them and look at their selections. While I've gone to my local library, they didn't have a big selection. I have Class Room in a Book, but I have others I like better. It just all depends on what you are wanting to do. I go to the bookstore a lot and then come home and order them on-line at for a ton less and free shipping over $25.00. If you have a used bookstore in town, sometimes you can pickup bargins there also. I use CS2 these days, but was previous PSP 5,6,7,9 & 10 user and a handful of different PS Elements versions. Guess you have to decide on what your focus is. Do you want to learn about post processing photos, or do you want to learn about PS stuff, or doing funky just all depends. Photoshop TV & Photoshop Killer Tips are must views....if you're using Photoshop! I have a couple versions of Photoshop Restoration & Retouching which are great. The Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers is good. I have the Photoshop 6 Artistry book which is also good. But then I have how to Cheat in Photoshop, Photoshop Finishing Touches, Photshop Channels and a few of the O'Reilly books, like Photoshop Photo Effects. A mag that is great, but not produced in the US is Photoshop Creative. There are many sites that have wonderful tuts and have learned much from them also. There is so much stuff out there, you'll just never learn it all but it's fun dinking around with it! Good luck.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help