Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Best way to slice up an image?

Old 06-12-2007, 04:43 AM
Best way to slice up an image?

I need to take 20 images and chop them up ala David Hockney. Now I know that he doesn't just cut up an image up, he actually shoots each individual piece. So to try and simulate this look I need to first slice the image up. Then on some of the pieces I want to add a slight barrel or pincushion distortion, add a dark or light vignette, slightly enlarge or decrease the size, and then create a slight edge to some of the slices. The last thing I want to do is to add some sort of painterly effect, brush strokes, etc. to every slice. Each of these 20 images will probably be sliced up into around 20 to 50 individual pieces. So I am trying to figure out the most efficient way to do all of this? I think that I am going to have to manual slice up each image, but then I am trying to figure out how I can batch process the rest of it? Plus, how do I apply the painterly effect at the end? I would think that I would have to apply this layer by layer. If I apply the effect to the final composited sliced image, the edges of each piece would get distorted with the effect. So any one have any thoughts on the mose efficient way to do all of this?
Thanks in advance,
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Re: Best way to slice up an image?

Hi Steve,if you use photoshop you can get a free action here that may help you.Slightly different here.Apply the painterly effect on the image before you run the action.

Last edited by NYBOB; 06-12-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help