RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

help with facial hair

Old 07-13-2007, 09:37 PM

Re: help with facial hair

Thank you all for your help. Each one is great. And I really appreciate the help!!!
~Nancy~
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitear View Post
Thanks Ziaphra.... I posted that at 4:20am and was just too tired at the time... here are the steps for Photoshop:

You can even go over wrinkles! This is Katrin Eismann's 'Barbie Doll Skin' formula....

Beth
in the film grain settings, what should the "highlight area" be set to?......when i tried this on a hi-res image, the color of the skin shifted, are you making a color correction after you retouch the skin?...i also noticed this technique doesn't work so well in cmyk, when i tried it with the image in RGB it looked much better but not quite as well as the samples posted on this thread...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2007, 12:48 AM

Hi there

I did the something like Beth but in a different way.

I duplicated the background
Set duplicates blend mode to screen... then used gaussian blur to blur away the hair... this brightened the picture so I duplicated the screen layer and changed its mode to multiply and adjusted opacities as needed... the screen and multiply work the same way as beth.

I then merged the screen and multiply layer with another duplicate of the background. Duplicated this layer changed the top layers mode to darken.

Then back on the layer below I slowly reduced opacity until I was happy with the result.

Butch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temp2.jpg (98.6 KB, 65 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2007, 01:18 AM

why did the jawline change?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2007, 03:22 AM

Hi Nanls,

What worries me about fixing one part of the image is that it can create other parts to fix.

Something that is well worth trying is Eddie Tapp's 'Dream Glow Pro 1' You can find it here http://www.photoworkshop.com/adobe/s...ema/index.html

Look for Eddie Tapp in the left hand column and click, then in the right hand column go down to Pro Techniques II and click that. There are three short makeovers and I recommend watching them all.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2007, 03:19 PM

Hi Pixelzombie..... I was like you about the 'Highlight' setting and, since there was no mention of it's setting in Katrin's book, I left it at '0'.

I've never tried this using CMYK or on photos higher than a 300 resolution ... the 'after' picture below has had nothing done to it other than this healing brush method.... nothing to color, levels, etc...

I just tried this out for the peach fuzz removal and don't normally use this for skin but sometime might, especially if I made a larger grained brush to use with the smaller grained one..... I don't know..... could be OK....

Beth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (97.9 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by solitear; 07-21-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help