RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Attack Of The 50ft. Woman....help!

Old 10-20-2007, 05:19 PM

Attack Of The 50ft. Woman....help!

Hey Everybody! I'm A Newbe For Real!my Name Is Eve, And I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Help Me Achieve An Image Something Like The One In The Attachment .i Am 6'2" And I've Always Wanted To Do A Version Of This Picture .but I Don't Even Know Where To Begin. If I'm Not Being Clear Enough Please Let Me Know....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c95.JPG.jpg (36.3 KB, 102 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2007, 11:10 PM

Re: Attack Of The 50ft. Woman....help!

Just find two pictures... one of a street scene that has planty of sky in it and then a picture of you from head to toe. Then you need to mask out the picture of you and drag it into the street scene. Although I'm sure there are people around here that could give you better instructions. Cool idea!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2007, 01:52 AM

Thanx D For The Tip ,but I Don't Even Know How To Mask Anything .i Get Really Confused Using The Layers .so Maybe Instead Of Asking In This Forum I Should Maybe Get Photoshop For Dummies Or Something Lol....but Thank U Anyway
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2007, 04:02 PM

If you post a coupld of photos I know people would give it a try and then explain how they did it. Remember to have the attiduded.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2007, 06:05 PM

hi,
I am novice myself also.. I can understand you not knowing where to start..

first keep in mind there is at least dozen different ways to do the same thing.. and which way is the best generally depends on the pictures you got to work with....

this here suggestion to me is a quick and dirty and simple way of accomplishing what you want and it to get you started having fun with PS....

1. open the picture of you in ps
2. using the either the lasso tool or i preferred in some cases the magnetic lasso tools and outline/select "you" in the picture...!!
3. once you connected both ends and you have that dotten line. then do a copy either from edit menu or a ctrl+C ... that will copy just the selection you outlined....
4. now open the other picture.....
5. then do a paste either from the edit menu or do a ctrl+v ... what results is that the pucture you have copied is now on a seperate layer is showing in the picture...
6. at this point..... you can use your move tool to move the object anywhere on the canvas and also your able to change the size of the object to fit the picture....

I hope this is enough to get you started and having fun..... remember this is just one way....!! there many others, including using masking techniques..

my other suggestion is get to know those tools... smile.... get to know what layers are.... it really simple..... in the future layers will always be a part of your projects with PS .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVLEY7000 View Post
Hey Everybody! I'm A Newbe For Real!my Name Is Eve, And I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Help Me Achieve An Image Something Like The One In The Attachment .i Am 6'2" And I've Always Wanted To Do A Version Of This Picture .but I Don't Even Know Where To Begin. If I'm Not Being Clear Enough Please Let Me Know....
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2007, 11:42 PM

Yeah .but The One Attachment Is The Only One I Can Get My Hands On .i'll Try To Find Another Example. This Site Is The Best! Everyone Is So Friendly And Helpful ...thanx Cathy!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2007, 12:41 AM

No. Thats Is Very Helpful I Guess I Need To Just Try Stuff ,and Like You Said Get To Know The Tools . It's Just That When Something Goes Wrong With Layers Or Masking For Example . I Get A Little Intimidated. Just Because I Don't I Just Dont Know What Step I Did Wrong .but I Guess It's Just Gonna Take Some Trial And Error . But I'll Bee Sure To Let You Guys Know My Progress. Thanx A Bunch!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2007, 02:26 AM

Hi LOVLEY7000,

welcome to RetouchPRO!!!

You can actually do about everything with a good image manipulation software, provided you learn how to use it!!!

Quote:
...When Something Goes Wrong With Layers Or Masking For Example . I Get A Little Intimidated...
...Just take the big plunge ... Read the help files of the software you are using (Photoshop?) ... search here, and generally in internet, for tips and tutorials for beginners...

Here at RetouchPRO:

Our Tutorials

Layers Tutorial

Understanding Layer Masks

PS Beginner's Tutorials

Photoshop Support
Jay Arraich ... Based on Photoshop 7, but the basics haven't really changed since..
J A Layers

The Google result for my search for Photoshop for beginners

... We are here to help, but, you should really get familiar with the Basics of PS ... (or the software you are using..) first

A quick example of what you asked... (Attachment 1) the image on the left is where I started from .... and most of the model's face has been cut out on purpose.

Hope this helps..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F_DSCN2287.jpg (194.8 KB, 31 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help