Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Correcting Color in Part of an Image

Old 02-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Re: Correcting Color in Part of an Image

I've reworked the image, following generalized advice from all of you. My response in reverse order of advice:

Sweetlight, the 1280 is the only printer I have, but I can see that your advice may be useful to others who have an R320 in addition to other Epson printers. Saby: I tried your method but got hung up on "hide selection." I didn't know how to do that, altho I did some adjusting with Hue/Saturation. Also, it would have been good to see what you came up with.

Dave, your comments are well taken & I did use Levels, as well as some Cloning & Healing Brush on the bottom rock's edge at the water to fill in the blown highlights. I adjusted the center slider to darken the image a bit.

I'm not totally happy with this image, but my 1280 was able to give me a print that was very close to the monitor. Maybe a title, such as "Mountain Pool" would help the viewer to see the water. (Why do mountain creeks have such clear water?) :-) Of course, this was 30 years, ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1780504-Master-(16)2-4x6-co.jpg (149.4 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help