RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

i really need to fix this blurry pic

Old 04-16-2008, 09:11 PM

i really need to fix this blurry pic

this pic is very important to me...probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to get a pic of this person, and i had my camera on the wrong setting...i was not expecting him to move right as i was taking it...they were rushing me and i did get another one in, but again did not have enough time to change the setting and wouldn't you know it...he moved again...grrrrr..that one is even worse...if anyone can please, please please either fix the pic for me or give me suggestions on what to do/buy or places to go fix it, i would greatly appreciate...i hear office max can fix them good, but who knows...if you can't tell by the blurriness of the pic, it is stephen king..how awesome is that? and i screwed it up...i also have 2 other pix that could use fixing of me and tobin bell and me and dr. oz if anyone wants to try those also...just let me know...thanks everyone who looks at this and possibly helps me
robin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0138.JPG (84.9 KB, 283 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-17-2008, 02:47 AM

Re: i really need to fix this blurry pic

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to make any substantive improvement to this picture.

Image manipulation software has a lot of strengths, but dealing with badly blurred pictures is not one of them. There are some minor improvements that can be made, but you're never going to get a sharp focussed picture, which is what I suspect you're hoping for.

Fraid you're gonna have to write this one off to experience.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-18-2008, 01:05 AM

I found a face shot of King online and was able to substitute that face for the blurred face by rotating it slightly. Unfortunately, due to the fact that the substitute image in copyrighted, it can't be posted or distributed.

dc
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-18-2008, 12:12 PM

Try this method, reserved for when there is no hope.

Step 1
Duplicate the image
Step 2
On this duped layer, leave it set to normal and rum the Emboss filter. In the filter, set the height to 3 pixels and the amount to 100%. The Angle can be any direction that looks best to you.
Step 3
Set to Overlay and move the Embossed layer by first selecting the Move tool and using the Arrow keys to move the image one click at a time.
Step 3
Duplicate the original again.
Step 4
Drag this 2nd duped layer and place it above your 1st embossed layer. Leave it set to normal.
Step 5
Run the Emboss filter again on the 2nd duped. But this time, play around with the angle AND the Pixel height.
Step 6
Again, once you've achieved a desired looking Embossed effect, set this 2nd layer to Overlay. Choose your Move Tool and move this 2nd layer around using the Arrow keys one click at a time until you achieve as focused image as possible.

Let me know how it turns out for you!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2008, 11:33 PM

do i need specific software for that, or should i have all those options with the software that came with the camera?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2008, 10:14 PM

Robin,
Everyone is correct, it is difficult at best to remove the motion blur in your image. It is not in one direction, and the image is not of sufficient quality to bring out the detail we would need.

I tried the technique that David mentioned, since it appears you do not have Photoshop, or are not versed in it. Plus, I have never tried it and thought it would be fun. Again, not enough good detail in the image to improve it much. Plus, the technique requires a lot of playing to get it right.

Attached is what I ended up with, which I hesitate to even post. It just is not much of an improvement. Anyway, you have the memory in your mind which counts for a lot.

Good luck !

Last edited by TommyO; 07-25-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2011, 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=David Stevenson;190415]Try this method, reserved for when there is no hope.

I tried this and was happy with the results.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2011, 02:53 PM

hi,
i noticed you mentioned that you may only have very simple editing software that came with the camera..

You might want to take a look at focus magic..
http://www.focusmagic.com/

it can improve a blurred image quite a bit .., but far from perfect though...

however there demo avail (so don't pay unless it works for you) and it stand alone software ...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2011, 04:47 PM

Here is my try
Attached Images
File Type: jpg King.jpg (97.6 KB, 77 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2012, 03:09 PM

Cool Re: i really need to fix this blurry pic

Its good that a few good tools are available that could possibly improve the blurness in the picture. Here's a list of few softwares that could help you to fix blurred images. Each software excels in different cases. Try yourself. Hope that helps
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help