RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

WWII Pay book Photo

Old 04-30-2008, 06:46 PM

WWII Pay book Photo

Badly damaged Photo from Mums Estate, A 1930's Photo Badly mauled.I have renovated it to very amaturish standard.
The damaged one was mainly copied using Clone, Paint brush and the Difference caused by crack in levels evened out by Light Selection using Levels tool.
The fine green speckles in the Photo. Can they be removed?
The cigarrete burns?. These I cloned out but as appears as a Stain. For reference. Remove a Stain is there an easy way.?
2nd Query for another Photo not shown here
In a black background detailed object I have a Light Foggy portion. I need to remove this and display black Detailed portion below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dads-Pay-Book-Photo-WWII-09.jpg (42.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Mum-pics-a-09.jpg (41.6 KB, 51 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2008, 12:10 AM

Re: WWII Pay book Photo

Could you post some larger images so we can better see what's going on? I don't see any green speckles, but they should be able to be removed by patching the green channel. Since the photo isn't colorized anyway, I'd recommend just turning it black and white using whichever channel shows the least damage; you can always add a photo filter when you're done restoring if you want it to be sepia-toned. That would also take care of the stains, if they are colored. Nice job removing the tears, by the way.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon View Post
Could you post some larger images so we can better see what's going on?
I agree with Maroon, It would be a good idea for you to edit your post and provide much larger images to illustrate the type of green speckles and stains you are talking about.

Last edited by 0lBaldy; 05-02-2008 at 01:35 AM. Reason: reword
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2008, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Could you post some larger images so we can better see what's going on? I don't see any green speckles, but they should be able to be removed by patching the green channel. Since the photo isn't colorized anyway, I'd recommend just turning it black and white using whichever channel shows the least damage; you can always add a photo filter when you're done restoring if you want it to be sepia-toned. That would also take care of the stains, if they are colored. Nice job removing the tears, by the way.
G'day Maroon, sending original in damaged state.at 100Kb so if you would like me to resend my attempt at Renovation. I will do so.
Advice on what and how to do diffferent required tasks would be appreciated.Feel free to do what you will with the photo. Even print over it at faulty areas and method of repair if you feel it would Help.
Good to know my "Tear repair" was OK.
Many thanks for your Help and Kind word. Being a 74 year old with Galloping Senility, they boosted my Ego Immensley and My Depression is away AOL at present
gnorris = Jumbo, Nogger or Graham. Take your Pick.
Uroo.
I have just subitted a 100kb photo and it tells me my Photo is over size for Limit of 100Kb. Has it got through
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2008, 03:43 AM

Quote:
2nd attempt at sending resized Photo at 95.5KB
Thanks Maroon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ammended-Pay-Book-Photo-WWI.jpg (95.5 KB, 35 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help