Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Any help on to dark of an image

Old 07-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Re: Any help on to dark of an image

Sorry for the delay in my responce. There was a sudden death in the family. My wifes uncle passed away yesterday. So anyway I dont have CS3 to exspencive for a persion on disability. I am using corel paint shop pro. Serif photo plus. I also have neat image and a free HDR program.
To OldBaldy I like the work og the HDR and am learning to get the right efects. I just have not acheaved the right looks, basicaly like yours.
To Tommy I do use masks alot. In every picture I work on. With your help from one of my previous post my masking has improved and getting better. The tutorials have tought me alot in improving my masking and not making things more dificult. The image was shot at 400 ISO. I sometimes forget to check my ISO settings before taking the picture, I have lost some good shots due to this so am learning the painful way of checking my calera settings. The flash should have fired as well on this shot but didnt.
Flora I do like the tweaks you have done as well. It would be nice to find a plugin I can use that would be able to do the camera raw ajustment with a jpg file.
Just chillin your picture is spot on. The detail and color is there. I hope to be able to reproduce your results. This is what I have acomplished so far with all your sujestions. Not as good as flora or just chillin but am working on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mineweb.jpg (95.2 KB, 23 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2008, 12:02 PM

Used an exposure Script-fu and created 3 layers (bright, dark, and normal) and combined them for this one. Had to do a lot of ACE and Neat Image cleaning to get to the result shown.

Click here for the result.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg (4.5 KB, 23 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2008, 06:35 AM

I learned some interesting techniques. Thanks to all.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2008, 06:39 AM

Thought I'd give it a try. PS C3. Much like OlBaldy's technique, except that I used an inverted layer applied using blending mode and then another two on screen mode, all applied selectively using black masks. Sharpening was done using a high bypass layer on soft light mode with adjustments painted onto a white mask to reduce oversharpening. Changed to Lab mode and used the blur tool to clean up some of the noise. Some tweaks using a curve layer and fixed the sky.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fix-IMG_6155-04.jpg (68.3 KB, 16 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help