Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Help with creating curving lines.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Re: Help with creating curving lines.

Originally Posted by Canna W View Post
An example would might be the attached pic, where I want to 'draw' 3 curving lines between the lower points of the two hearts. Like a necklace with 3 strands, each hanging one below the other.

Two problems.
1) I couldn't select the circle freehand, I'm too clumsy. I also don't think you can use the circular selection tool precisely enough to touch both points of the heart. (Or I don't know how to do that.)
2) I might also want to make the line a bit curvy or wavy in parts, rather than it being a plain arc.

Basically I'm wondering if there is any way to manipulate selections so you can create controlled curves with them. (Using stroke to create the body of the line...) Unless of course there is another way of introducing curved lines....

Hope this isn't too muddling!
1) On a new layer.. Using the 'Elliptical Marquee Tool' at normal settings... draw a circle/elliptical shape... then using 'Select'>'Transform Selection'... transform the selection to where you want it by pulling on the anchor points... 'Edit'>'Stroke' at whatever size and color you want.... mask or erase the portions of the line you do not want visible... adjust opacity and/or the layer modes to suit...
Repeat on another new layer for different variations

2) as stated and explained by many others the 'Pen Tool' for curvy or wavy lines could be used in conjunction with method 1) or by itself

method 1) sample
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _sample1.jpg (199.0 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help