Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Help with light on hair!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Re: Help with light on hair!!!

How do you know how much percentage on each selective color---just playing around with color to get the tones back where they were? Or were you corrected back to acceptable skin tone or something??
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2008, 10:10 AM

Thats all about Chris knowing his CMYK Swarbees

Chris has improved the image beyond what was in the brief! If the challenge is to do it without masking - You can do this with just two adjustments, a single Hue/sat layer choosing blues as the target - use the plus minus to try and isolate the bad blue/magenta edge on the hair ONLY. This will desaturate the background slightly, but it will have less effect on the other colors in the image - if you want you could bring the original background color back in a variety of ways, the best probably putting a little C and M into Selective color whites- cheating a little bit you will need to dab out the shirt and teeth on this one. Must be bored today!
Attached Images
File Type: gif huesat.gif (31.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: gif selcol.gif (11.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Markzebra; 10-01-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2008, 12:21 PM

I actually don't recall exactly. It was 1:30 in the morning and I was taking a break from retouching and waiting for the sleeping pill to kick in in time to get up at 4:00 am to go to work.

I believe that you hit it on the head with getting back to correct skin tone. I didn't mind that the green layer changed the figure as I knew it would also kill any casting going on and make it easier to get a better balanced image, as noted in the blue background going grey. The correction would need to have the same correction as the figure and to me, at that time, selective was the way to go without unwanted contrast or plugging up/blowing out happening.

If you have a handle on HSB, Markzebras method would be the way to with manipulating the gradient at the bottom of the HSB palette. Dividing/sliding and moving the gradient around will often get you great results.

I used the green because it was late, I wanted quick without thinking, knew that it would balance out the color and would be no problem finishing off.

Then again....

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help