RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Creating an online retouch business

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 07:24 AM

Creating an online retouch business

Hello to all,

I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum. I wanted to know what I would need as an independent(home user) to create a small side business of colour correcting images sent via email or web? This is the part I'm not sure of.
IF clients were to send me images to colour correct, be it jpegs or hi-res TIFF files; what is the best set-up to have for transfer of files betweeen me and the client?

I've heard there is software also available where client can interact by annotating on the images for correction/modifications etc.

Can someone point me to the right direction? Should I purchased webspace or server space? It would start with just a couple of small clients and hopefully eventually blossom to larger work with various photographers etc. at least that's the plan. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 AM

Re: Creating an online retouch business

I would use a ftp server, or maybe www.fileflow.com they got pretty good service.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:43 PM

Buy website, describe what you do. Let search engine finds you = more client. Upload to your website (using password protect or hidden link or whatever to your images)

or like me using NAS. It's has all server thingy like ftp and whatever other server stuff but best to have a site or you will be unknown.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:04 PM

You can get hosting with Hostmonster for about $6.95 a month. They give you unlimited disk space and bandwidth which makes it possible for people to email you large files. You could also set up an FTP account on your hosting so that people can upload directly to your server.

It might be worth posting a project on Elance.com and get someone to build you a simple but professional looking file upload page/script. It shouldn't cost too much.

I'm not aware of an off-the-shelf solution that would give you a complete upload-review-download workflow.

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help