RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Help needed with an emailed picture

Old 11-14-2008, 08:42 AM

Question Help needed with an emailed picture

Hello,

You have to forgive for the mistakes I make but I'm new on this.
I don't know if I'm on the right place here but I'll ask it anyway.

A picture was send me by email and I tried allot of things with it but I can't
make it work.
On the picture is standing a man with a necklage on.
I just want to take the badge out of the picture(and that works)
but my problem then is ;
I want to get the badge as clear as possible so it's possible to read the details on it.
And that's my problem,I can't get is clear enough.
Is there a way to do this or would there be somebody so kindfull to help me?
It's important for me

Thanks
Mazimoe
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2008, 08:55 AM

Re: Help needed with an emailed picture

Many people don't like to help with these type posts because they sound a little illegal or covert However, give us a little more background as to why and we'll see.

Normally, unless the image is extremely sharp, in focus, and very high resolution you won't be able to recover small text on something like that. Also, there is no magical application to make it in focus if it's not already. Nothing like what's on TV anyway.
If you can post a smaller image (less than 100K) for us to look at, we can tell real quick.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 AM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9287666...in/dateposted/
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2008, 09:37 AM

It's a picture I've got from somebody I met on the internet.
I'm chatting with him for about 2 months now.
But I want to know if he is who he says he is.
And this is a way ....
so nothing illegal..

I'm still a beginner in photography that's how I came on this forum.
Just looking for tips and tricks .
And if you want some help from time to time.
Thankx
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2008, 10:35 AM

The image you posted does not have a resolution required to focus to see it. I have tried several steps the pixels are to large. The problem is that the original image file has the necessary info to most likely do as you ask. But this image has been edited prior to your email. It was cut down in size then a jpg made for email size most likely. The making of this second email sized jpg caused it to loose the necessary detail.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Patron

I agree with F64. The image is of too low a resolution and it contains a lot of compression distortion. It should be readily extractable from a higher resolution version.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2008, 12:46 PM

I wouldn't worry about the tag... the question is... is the person that you are talking to the same person in the pic ... and is his real chatter, talking, actions at home the same as his Internet smoothness?

I had several persona's on MySpace and Facebook with different profiles and pictures.. I started these profiles to show the Grandchildren how easy it would be to be fooled on these sites They all knew I was going to do it and swore that they could not be fooled because they only accepted people they knew..... they had all accepted my fake persona as their friend.... They were not very happy with me when I showed them who they were talking to and confiding in... Hopefully they are much more aware of the Internet now...

BTW... "I am a wealthy foreigner who needs help moving millions of dollars from my homeland and I promise a hefty percentage of my fortune as a reward for assisting me." = The Nigerian Scam... This Scam takes many forms and variations.... even personal, as in "my life is to busy and hectic here and I can't meet anyone, so I'm reaching out to the Internet".. but is always the same... A SCAM!

People fall for it because they are mesmerized by the good things that will soon be theirs and fail to see there is a hook just hanging out of sight. All they see is that someone is going to do something good for them and they are not mentally prepared to shift gears when that person turns the tables. Because the premise "I am going to be happy" is swallowed early on..

Be very careful!

Enough preaching from an Old Lady now..

Back to the Badge... Just about everyone who has a computer has a printer and almost anything can be printed to suit any purpose! Unless you can see the special Holograms be careful, very careful!

Live Life to its fullest and be happy and free!
Live Long and Prosper
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2008, 01:42 PM

The picture on the badge looks like a woman...lol!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2008, 06:03 PM

I'm with you Granny: there's something about the body language here that is faking friendliness - his arms are outspread in a too-wide welcome signal but the neck and back is very stiff - face is tense and unsmiling as well. He does not like having to pose for this picture, it's very much against his nature and I don't think it's because he doesn't like being photographed - more like anger at having to go this far to reel you in.

Sorry to be negative, but I've had a fair bit of experience with body language. Be careful hon.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2008, 07:37 PM

You can't recover the text.
Continue to chat with the person if you like- just don't send the person any money. That's always a test of their intentions.
People ask personal friends or family for financial assistance not "Internet Pals."
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help