RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Help me please

Old 05-17-2002, 04:23 AM

Help me please

I am the beginner of photoshop , just try to learn by myself . I have this photo. Can any one take a look and then give me a quick guide of the steps i should follow to remove the steel fence and other fixs if neccessary .
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2002, 04:46 AM

I am sure that you will find no shortage of help here, post the picture that you have (please remember it has to be under 100k)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2002, 05:16 AM

I click on attach image browse from my computer store is this right? If it doesn't load , please give me a guide how to post an image Sorry for asking a dump question like that
Attached Images
File Type: jpg congtrinhcodai.jpg(before).jpg (72.5 KB, 79 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2002, 12:57 PM

Hi Han. It's not a "dump question"!

It's a difficult image to fix. The easiest thing would be to find a photo of a similar hill, and replace the fence area. If that's not possible, you could use the "float and move" method...which is what I did here.

1. Basically, select the hill with the lasso and copy it to a new layer. Move the layer behind the background (you will need to need to make the backgroung an editable layer).

2. Now, move this bottom layer several pixels to the right and several pixels down. Return to the top layer, select the fence by whatever method is easiest (I used select by color) and create a mask. The bottom layer will now be revealed wherever you masked out, but since you moved it several pixels over, the fence will be replaced with green grass!

3. You may have to repeat this several times, and then clean the image usiing the clone tool...and add a little noise back into the hill to reduce any fuzziness that developed.

The result is not perfect but hopefully it will give you an idea as to how to approach the problem...although, there may be better ways!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg congtrinhcodaiafter.jpg (65.1 KB, 59 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2002, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by G. Couch
Hi Han. It's not a "dump question"!

It's a difficult image to fix. The easiest thing would be to find a photo of a similar hill, and replace the fence area. If that's not possible, you could use the "float and move" method...which is what I did here.

1. Basically, select the hill with the lasso and copy it to a new layer. Move the layer behind the background (you will need to need to make the backgroung an editable layer).

2. Now, move this bottom layer several pixels to the right and several pixels down. Return to the top layer, select the fence by whatever method is easiest (I used select by color) and create a mask. The bottom layer will now be revealed wherever you masked out, but since you moved it several pixels over, the fence will be replaced with green grass!

3. You may have to repeat this several times, and then clean the image usiing the clone tool...and add a little noise back into the hill to reduce any fuzziness that developed.

The result is not perfect but hopefully it will give you an idea as to how to approach the problem...although, there may be better ways!
That is quite cool. I did not know that. In fact, even with the explanation, I doubt I could.
greg
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2002, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fugitive

That is quite cool. I did not know that. In fact, even with the explanation, I doubt I could.
greg
I bet you could, it's actually very easy once you give it a try. The technique is included at http://www.digitalretouch.org/

Go to the Sample Tutorials and it's the same technique used to fix the sky.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2002, 11:23 PM

Greg - Jak is right...it's a very easy techinique to learn, although on this image I needed to repeat it several times and do some cloning. You can still see very faint outlines of the fence if you look close, but short of creating a whole new hillside, it was the only method that came to mind!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2002, 06:56 AM

Excellent rework Greg!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2002, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by G. Couch
Greg - Jak is right...it's a very easy techinique to learn, although on this image I needed to repeat it several times and do some cloning. You can still see very faint outlines of the fence if you look close, but short of creating a whole new hillside, it was the only method that came to mind!
I could've fixed it, but not that way. I would use my old standby. I would go out searcing for golf courses until I found the right hill. I'm still weak on masks because the ones in PSP are difficult to use. Maybe the PS ones are less problematic.

greg
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2002, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fugitive

I would use my old standby. I would go out searcing for golf courses until I found the right hill.
Yup...that would be my first choice as well!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help