Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Am I in the right place?

Old 01-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Am I in the right place?

Hello everybody

From reading a few of the threads here I kind of gathered that this forum is for guidance for people who already have some retouching skills and need advice on certain areas. My problem is I have NO retouching skills, and am looking for someone to improve an image of mine.... Am I in the right place? Or is it a big no-no to ask for free help, here?

Thanks in advance for your time...

Lisa x
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Re: Am I in the right place?

Lisa, welcome to Retouch Pro! The site is primarily to help people learn and you certainly do not need to be accomplished or an expert. There are a ton of basic tutorials in the tutorial section.
That being said, if you need something done in a hurray and you do not have the time to ramp up, there is a Classifieds section of the forum where you can pay members to provide the service to you.
If you have a very small retouch job to do you can post it and some member may offer to fix it for you for free, however, don't be offended if you get no takers.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2009, 08:48 PM

Murray is certainly correct. It seems to vary. The site has historically liked to offer help to those wanting to learn. However, in times when things are slow, or if the need is dire, many users pitch in to help those in need.

It sounds like you would like someone else to do it, and the need is not dire. So, many may offer to do it for a fee. Others, may do it out of sheer goodness, depending on the image and the difficulty.

If you're willing to pay a small fee, then you may also want to make a post in the classified forum.

It will also be helpful to develop some scope of what you want done, versus where you wish to draw the line. Assuming it is a glamour type retouch, changes can vary from minor to very extensive. Think about lighting, color, what to emphasize, hair, blemishes, skin color and detail, reshaping of arms, legs, body, removing background distractions, etc. Anyone asking for a fee will walk you through it. Anyone doing it for free will need you to have thought about it and offer some guidance so they don't get frustrated and quit.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2009, 10:01 PM

Welcome Lisa.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help