Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Links to RapidShare and similar ....

Old 04-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Angry Links to RapidShare and similar ....

It is a great help when, in addition to the 100 KB attachments (200 KB for Patrons) members can post a link to a higher resolution version of the 'problem' image posted.

The reason I stress ' in addition to ' is that time will come when that particular link leads to nowhere and future members will not have the benefit to see with their own eyes what the problem was about ....

Working on higher resolution images is much better, so, a big 'thank you' to all members that make that possible .... but .... if you need our help, we would be even more grateful if you made things a bit easier for us...

I understand that sites like RapidShare and similar offer benefits/facilitations to their members/frequent uploaders .... but, as a free user, if in order to help you, I have to wait for 'my turn' for downloading your image (waiting time increases after each download!) I, honestly, feel used, get quite annoyed and just give up...

Besides, have you ever thought that among us there might be members still on a dial-up connection???

There are plenty of free (and waiting-free) Image hosting/sharing sites like Photo Bucket, Flickr, Image Shack or others ... Why not use them and help us to help you??
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Re: Links to RapidShare and similar ....

To build on Flora's post, here is a short list of free image hosting sites that may be considered as well:
A search for free image hosting will turn up many other sites that provide free hosting of images, etc.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Re: Links to RapidShare and similar ....

most people have a hotmail account and now windows live gives you 25 gigs of free space so that could be an option for uploading larger files to.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help