RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Need help with my brothers wedding pictures

Old 06-01-2009, 02:52 PM

Re: Need help with my brothers wedding pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
Added a pretty frame.
Thank you cupcake again, where do you get the frames do you do them yourself you do great work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2009, 03:11 PM

thanks Kate
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2009, 03:42 PM

Newbie Re: Need help with my brothers wedding pictures

I am new to this site, I joined a few months back and hadn't been using it. I artified one of the photos for you. I took out the distractive elements of the background and left the hallway leading back out of the picture to give it perspective. I used Photoshop CS3 and mostly just the toolbox, dodge, burn, smudge, clone and gaussian blur. Let me know how you like it!
Thanks, Sunbeams
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lindawaitintogetmarried2sm_.jpg (92.5 KB, 40 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2009, 06:43 PM

I love it thanks so much, I can't believe all the different things people are doing with these pictures. thank you thank you for all your time. Maybe you can help me, I tried to do a high key picture of the bride I attached two pictures one of her in oval frame in this thread, I not good at photoshop, how would I make the background gray when I am using the dodge tool, I tried to changed the color foreground to gray but when I use the dodge tool to get rid of the background in the picutre it stays white. how can I make it gray, Also after I make the picture grayscale why can't I use the history brush if I make a mistake. I hope I didn't ask to many questions any help I would love. thanks again for your wonderful work it looks awesome. Rosie
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2009, 08:36 PM

Rosie,
From what I understand you want to make the white background gray, right? I attached two pics that I worked on for you and I will tell you what I did. I selected the background by tracing around her body and dress with the lasso tool. Then I selected a gray from the color pallette and used the paint bucket tool to pour in some gray color to the selected area. Once I got it the shade I wanted, I deselected and then used the clone tool to clean up the ragged edges where the selection was not smooth.
I use the eraser tool to get the smudges out of the white background so I don't get the face too blown out. Just select white from the color pallette and use the background eraser tool.
I don't use the history brush so don't know what to tell you about that.
It does take a bit of practice but it becomes easier as you go. Let me know what you think and if this answers your questions.
Let me know!
Sunbeams
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smalloval1.jpg (43.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg lindahighendsmalla.jpg (36.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg highkeylinda1a.jpg (42.1 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2009, 09:22 PM

Sunbeams they look great you go it to look a lot smoothe. I will try what you said tommorow because I on NY time so I will get back to you thanks again Rosie
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2009, 02:58 PM

Sunbeams, I don't know what I doing wrong I took the lasso tool click around her body, the outline is blinking then I click on the paint bucket and pour the bucket on the outside of her body, nothing happens no color change. Should the line around her body be blinking am I suppose to hit enter after I make the selection Sorry for being so dumb but I am trying. thanks Rosie
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 AM

Rosie, I'm sorry I think I should have told you to use the lasso tool to outline the area of the background that you want to turn to gray. You still have to outline part of her body in that process. I usually start in the top corner of the image and go straight down the side, then outline her body and then back up the other side and top to complete the selection. Then when you have chosen the color of gray that you want to use,make sure you have selected the paint bucket tool, then look up at the top left where you can increase or lower the percentage of color in the paint bucket. Make sure its at least 10-15% color saturation, then try to fill in the selected area. You can fill the selection a number of times until you get the right shade of gray. I hope this makes more sense. Let me know if you get it to work! I am interested.
Sunbeams
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-04-2009, 12:15 PM

Sunbeams I did what you said, I outline from the top and around but I made a few different selections then I hit ctr and backspace and that filled in the color. I have to touch it up I have attached the picture that I worked on, I know it need to be touch up, but Let me know if this is what you meant. thanks so much Rosie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallgray.jpg (82.0 KB, 17 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-04-2009, 02:36 PM

Thumbs up Re: Need help with my brothers wedding pictures

Rosie, I think you did a good job! You are right that there a few places to be touched up, but you did the job. I use paint bucket but using CTL and Backspace to fill is fine too. Photoshop does have different ways to create essentially the same outcome.
I hope that I was able to help you learn. I am willing to help and I enjoy it.
Keep in touch!
Sunbeams
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help