Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Flood/Mud Damage. What would you do?

Old 06-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Flood/Mud Damage. What would you do?

Hi all,
Would like your advice on this photo that has copped some severe damage.
I've been staring at it for sometime now. The background is a non issue as I would replace that. My main area of concern is the child's hands and baby suit.....the chequered one

This is what I'm thinking of doing.

The red channel shows the least amount of damage. I was thinking of applying that on 50% multiply. Then dodging and burning on a soft light layer. (Except I've never had much success with D&B). Then recolouring after replacing the background.

So, I'm hoping you can have a look at it and suggest what you would do if presented with a photo in this state.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img126D.jpg (171.8 KB, 64 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Re: Flood/Mud Damage. What would you do?

All good ideas and thoughts. There are certainly numerous methods to try. I find checkered fabric to be very tedious. Fortunately, there seems to be plenty of good fabric to clone from. Same for the other children's clothing. If you every need to replace clothing that is nearly totally un-clonable, there are numerous fabric websites that have good images and selections of fabric. It then becomes a download, paste, warp, blend mode type fix.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2009, 01:45 AM
Re: Flood/Mud Damage. What would you do?

Hi TommyO. I suppose when I really think about it, the most important part for me is the baby's hands. Simply because dodge and burn always, always fails for me. Ends up looking like a patchwork quilt, even though I do all the right things and at less than 6% capacity. Can you (or anyone else) think of another way I can get rid of the mud stain that is in every channel, and even-out the skin tones. (Re-colouring ain't my forte either
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help