RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Text enhancement

Old 06-27-2009, 04:00 AM

Text enhancement

Hi all, I have a small issue that I was trying to fix. I need to get in touch with someone from a convention we both worked staff at. I don't know her real name, but if I can get her badge name I can look her up off of the staff list. I am trying to enhance or clear up the text of an image so I can make out the name on the badge. I have two pictures which contain the badge, unfortunately neither one is of high enough quality to make out the name.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/x...snap-33954.png

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/x...aga/badge1.png

The girl on the right is who I am trying to get the badge name of. Is there any method that I can use to enhance the photo and read the text. If that isn't possible is it possible to get a better look at the badge art as that will help me figure out which department she was in.

I have been trying use DxO Optics Pro, but currently the best I can do is make out that it is 2 words and that the second word has 2 or 3 letters in it. I am very new to this and am not sure what is the best method to go about this.

Last edited by panzersaga; 06-27-2009 at 04:06 AM. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 09:44 AM

Re: Text enhancement

I don't think you will find anyone interested in helping you do this, as it just seems very irregular. We get lots of people asking for such as their first and only post. The bottom line though, is no it's not likely you will ever get the text from that image. Only the magic of television shows like "CSI-Miami" can do it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 10:28 PM

Thank you. I appreciate the honesty it was something I was interested in, but if it's really not possible then I will try some other method to locate her.

I was able to find a program called focus magic and with it I was able to determine that the last word appeared to be cat which will narrow my search down. I think the first word ends in a g but was not able to tell.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2009, 11:06 PM

Do you have better, hi resolution photos?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 11:37 PM

Unfortunately I don't the images I have were taken as screen shots from a video on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shFHl81MO7M

A friend said that he saw her in a few other youtube videos, but this is the only one where I actually know it is her and not someone who might look similar. I sent an e-mail to the video operator asking if I could get a copy of some Higher resolution images but am still waiting to hear back.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2009, 08:50 AM

why don't you find out who she was working for at the time and ask them?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2009, 12:20 AM

That's part of the problem, the staff was over 300 people in various departments. I've narrowed down her badge art to one of 4 departments, but I don't know all of the staff heads for those departments. So all I really have to go on is the staff list which has badge and real names.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help