RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

need serious help

Old 08-09-2009, 11:53 AM

Re: need serious help

unfortunately that plugin is only for Windows, i have tried it in windows but it could not do anything for me. I dont know if this is only demo version of full version will not work like this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Morpheus View Post
unfortunately that plugin is only for Windows, i have tried it in windows but it could not do anything for me. I dont know if this is only demo version of full version will not work like this.
When I first started using the Color Deconvolution Plug-in it was a long learning curve toward getting good results.. a lot of trial and error and lots of frustration trying to get good results... minor corrections in changing the colors undesired, desired, and background... definitely not a one click fix.. but amazing results on the right type of projects when adjusted properly.. and you can save the settings for other pages or similar projects... on this project after the colors were close to being right... some tweaking with the burn/shadows and dodge/highlights in the weak areas helped
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2009, 03:29 AM

0lBaldy I wish you are right, in demo version i could not see any result nor its working properly on windows platform. how can i get full version if i am unsure about the result. it should happen only if i donate some. demo version is really not working to test.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Patron

The solution to not using the plug-in is to use one or a combination of the methods described by mistermonday, DCobb, Quantum3, and Chain they all work easily...
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-20-2009, 05:12 PM

Based on a recommendation from Old Baldy in another thread for the Color Deconvolution plug-in, I downloaded the trial version and the samples the website provides to play with. I, too, was impressed so for a nominal donation, I got the full version. It does amazing things (if only I can remember to select the color to get rid of, color to keep, and background by RIGHT clicking instead of LEFT clicking). Once I got the full version installed, I messed around with the sample you provided. If you have a higher resolution picture that is preferably NOT a jpeg, a PC (since the website says the plug-in is for PCs only), and the full version of the plug-in I think you will get very good results. Note that the trial version only works on 250x250 pixel pictures.
My results were hampered by (1) my inexperience with using the plug-in, (2) not knowing the alphabet of the language the paper is written in leaving me unsure if what appears to be a stray mark is just that or part of a character, and (3) the pixelation due to the picture you provided being a low res jpeg file.
If you'd like for me to work on a high resolution version for you, I'd be glad to. But if this is but one of many pages you need to restore, I recommend you get the Color Deconvolution plug-in if you have a platform it will operate on.
Good luck.

Larry
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2012, 04:02 PM

Arrow Re: need serious help [fixes broken link]

The mentioned color deconvolution plug-in that got Larry's impressive results is from 4N6site.com. Check out some examples here.
Previous posts contain outdated links, but the plug-in is available through 4N6site.com.
You can also contact the site if you want to be absolutely sure you get the maximum out of the plug-in, or you can even have the plug-in demonstrated on your picture before you get it!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help