RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Who could do this ?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:52 AM

Wink Re: Who could do this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lBaldy View Post
"You need access to some more fancy image devices that work on a different spectrum (if different inks were used the top one might become transparent at a wavelength that keeps the one below opaque)." Which is what the color deconvolution plug-in does.
- such an awesome plug-in you've got there. First time I hear of a software solution that can turn normal photographs into x-ray images!

To be serious, that plug-in would only work if the ink on top is not 100% opaque so that there is some color information from the underlying ink passing through (and thus captured by the scanner and saved in the image file).
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2009, 05:19 PM

Re: Who could do this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lBaldy View Post
There is nothing more I can say or add
For the best results follow what Chain said " re-scan @ high resolution and 16 bit) (don't do any adjustments) to the image and NOT save it as JPEG.The lossy compression is messing up the image. You need access to some more fancy image devices that work on a different spectrum (if different inks were used the top one might become transparent at a wavelength that keeps the one below opaque)." Which is what the color deconvolution plug-in does.
http://home.planet.nl/~ber03728/4N6site/main.htm (The link is good)
BUT
As shown in the example I provided in my last post... there is nothing there!
Sorry I could not help further
hic hic i couln´t open the link. iam from germany. i think , the link is just for ip-adress in the usa. could you send me the software per email? hier ist my email: hailinh18@yahoo.com

thank you very much
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Patron

You can contact the authors of the software at:
Mail@4N6site.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 09:26 AM

Link seems to work fine here (Norway, from a danish IP).
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2012, 04:48 PM

Arrow Re: Who could do this ? [fixes broken link]

The mentioned color deconvolution plug-in is from 4N6site.com. Check out some examples here.
Previous posts contain outdated links, but the plug-in is available through 4N6site.com.
You can also contact the site if you want to be absolutely sure you get the maximum out of the plug-in, or you can even have the plug-in demonstrated on your picture before you get it!
This particular image indeed was of very low quality, both in spatial and color resolution. JPEG compression was designed to throw out the kind of subtle color information that you are trying to recover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain View Post
- such an awesome plug-in you've got there. First time I hear of a software solution that can turn normal photographs into x-ray images!

To be serious, that plug-in would only work if the ink on top is not 100% opaque so that there is some color information from the underlying ink passing through (and thus captured by the scanner and saved in the image file).
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2012, 08:03 AM

Talk about targeted advertisement; so targeted that it's actually relevant and useful!

Last edited by Chain; 07-05-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2012, 08:23 AM

Arrow Re: Who could do this ?

Well I am only trying to fix broken links where the plug-in is mentioned already. I would not bring it up unless I had a result to show.
Your remark on the transparency of the ink on top is relevant as well. Turns out that in most cases there actually is some degree of transparency, even when you would not expect it. See for example this thread where ballpoint ink was removed from a photo with color deconvolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain View Post
Talk about targeted advertisement; so targeted that it's actually relevant!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help