RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Here are my two special photos

Old 12-04-2009, 03:07 PM

Here are my two special photos

Here are two photos that are very special to me. The black and tan doggy is my dog Little Bit and the red longhaired dachshund is Mama's dog Rascal.*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (26.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (19.8 KB, 56 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Patron

Re: Here are my two special photos

I was endeared by the previous threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoxieLuvr View Post
Hi everybody,
I found this forum today. I live in the USA in the state of Georgia.
Quote:
Hi everybody,I found this program back in October. I am been involved with photography for several years. Daddy bought cameras for my brother and myself and he taught us how to use them when we were in elementary school. In 2005 I received a digital camera for Christmas. I haven't gotten into digital photography too much yet, but I want to.
Quote:
I joined you a few months ago, but I posted yesterday for the second time. I have been involved with photography for many years, but I only started with digital photography in 2005 when I received a digital camera for Christmas that year. I have not made many pictures yet. I would like to learn more about digital photography. I have two very special photographs that I made back in 2005. They are of dogs and in both pictures the dog's eyes are green instead of brown. I do not have Photoshop and for these two photos I would like someone in the Classified area to do them so they'd be done right. I will learn on other photos. I do not know how to post these two photos or which forum to post them in. Please could you let me know? Thank you.

DoxieLuvr
(Palms helped out with how to post)

Quote:
Here are two photos that are very special to me. The black and tan doggy is my dog Little Bit and the red longhaired dachshund is Mama's dog Rascal.*
DoxieLuvr, Welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends!

To start learning the basics of digital photography look into Kodak Tips & Projects Center

To get free programs to enable you to start retouching your pictures look into this thread: Free Photo Editors and Free Painting Software (GIMP seems to be the most advanced and closest to Photoshop)

I did these just for the fun of it even though the site FAQs state :
FAQ: Will you do my restoration/retouch/repair for me?
No. This is a site for learning, and we will gladly help you learn to do it yourself. We have a "Image Help" forum just for that purpose. Click on "Forums" on the navbar to get there. There is also a "Classifieds" forum if you're willing to pay one of our members to work on your photo.

Now is the time to take lots of pictures! So get out there and snap away... with practice you may not have much need to repair or fix your photographs..

Again, Welcome aboard and Practice Cubed!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dogs.jpg (152.4 KB, 50 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 PM

Love those pups, looking forward to your work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2009, 09:42 PM

olBaldy,
Thanks for the welcome and the helpful links. I checked out the list of free photo editors and I will check out the Kodak link also.

Edit: I just now clicked on the images of the two pups and I saw what you were taking about when you said "I just did these for fun." I hope I can do as well, olBaldy!

Last edited by DoxieLuvr; 12-04-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: did not click on the posted images
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 06:13 PM

These are the kind of suspicious, impersonal posts without introduction that I fear
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 07:30 PM

Hi Quantum3,I checked out your link. These photos that you refer to aren't mine, but the two dachshunds in my post above are my photos.

olBaldy,
I am going to download a photo editor from the list I found when following your link. I am not very advanced. I am a complete novice at this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 08:09 PM

I was saying 'impersonal' as something like an impersonal manifestation or entity. Just a joke that I may be the only one who understood haha
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 09:41 PM

I'm a dog lover, and that is a real heart wrencher photo for me.
By the way, love the dog's name "Little Bit".

A dog will stick with you through thick and thin.
They will never judge you and will always be there no matter what.
Their tails will wag and there eyes will light up whenever your around.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Patron

Quote:
olBaldy,
I am going to download a photo editor from the list I found when following your link. I am not very advanced. I am a complete novice at this.
Take your time, learn the tools within whatever program you get, make extensive use of the programs help files and search the net for tutorials, but most of all do not get dissapointed.... just keep practicing cubed.. we were all novices at one time and some, like me, still are....

Click the Site Nav button at the top of the page, there are some good tutorials there and the fine folks in the forums will be glad to help you also. Any questions you may have... check the search button at the top of the page for answers to questions that may have been asked before

Good luck! I am looking forward to seeing some of your WIPs (Works In Progress) and final projects... Don't get soooo busy as to forget us here at RetouchPRO..

Laters..
DaOlBaldGuy
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-06-2009, 09:03 PM

olBaldy, I am still looking at the list. I have not decided which program to download. I will follow your suggestions.

aartist, I'm glad to know you like the name Little Bit.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help